Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now that's cool!!!

• 24-04-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Whats the odds he cuts a promo :rolleyes:

Taken form wwe.com
    World-renowned football (or, to North Americans, soccer) coach Jose Mourinho was one of the thousands in attendance as Raw invaded Earls Court.

Widely considered the best coach in the game, Mourinho has led the Chelsea Football Club to consecutive Premiere League titles (2005, 2006), and was also named by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) as the world’s best football coach in both 2004 and 2005.

Prior to his first live WWE event, Mourinho expressed why attending Raw was so special to him.

“WWE came to my house because of them,” he said, pointing to his children, Matilde and Jose. “For me, it’s great to be with my kids, and to be around the people they admire very much; I think that is very cool.”

Longtime Chelsea fan Todd Grisham was thrilled to grab a snapshot with one of his idols.

“I try to go to Chelsea games every time I’m in London,” said Grisham. “It was great to get a photo with Jose Mourinho. He’s basically the Bill Parcells of soccer out here; every team from Spain to Portugal to China wants him to be their coach.”

Much like the National Football League’s Parcells, Mourinho is also known for his confident coaching style and ability to respond to people who question his authority with brash quips. But a few weeks ago while traveling with his team, the Chelsea coach ran into SmackDown’s Chris Benoit. Once he was introduced to how massive the WWE Superstars are in person, that notorious swagger shrunk, and his mouth was zipped.

“I realized that Chris Benoit’s hand is stronger than my leg. So, I don’t want to mess with any of [the Superstars]; I just want to be friends,” he joked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Hahaha, gwan Jose. Fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good find. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

That's Cool, I Never knew José liked Wrestling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Now there is a celebrity WWE won't have to pay to go to their shows, lol. Did anyone read the article with him in one of the red tops last week? It was something like he had tickets to a show tomorrow night, but couldn't go because of the match with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hahaha, that's gas. I suppose he'll be shown on camera tonight then. He could teach some wrestlers a thing or two about cutting promos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

It was gas. Was on wwe.com and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw Jose grinnin' away at me but all logic told me it wasn't him.

I would love if they do one of those interviews with him that they do with celebs when setting up the next match. If it was in the states it would be mehhh, but seeing as its in the U.K. he could get a pretty interesting reaction if on the mic.

I have a feeling though that if it did happen Todd interviewing would be cringe worthy as hell, he'd come out with something like "Your going to stuff Liverpool, I bet it will be 10 goals to Chelsea United, no 15 goals, and my man Drogbahh will score 8."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Fozzy wrote:
    Hahaha, that's gas. I suppose he'll be shown on camera tonight then. He could teach some wrestlers a thing or two about cutting promos!

hehe, quoted for truth, a Jose interview is always worth a listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's great stuff. Mourinho would do well in WWE I reckon. He oozes machismo a la Razor Ramon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He did an interview with the Star/Sun a while ago and he referred to meeting Benoit with his kids and how he couldn't get them to play football because they were into wrestling so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

He did an interview with the Star/Sun a while ago and he referred to meeting Benoit with his kids and how he couldn't get them to play football because they were into wrestling so much!

yea I also read that article.....................
    Jose would be a good manager in wrestling I do think.He certainly has the cockiness to be a heel anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

fatal wrote:
    Jose would be a good manager in wrestling I do think.He certainly has the cockiness to be a heel anyway

You might be on to something, he is 6/4 to leave at the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007190120,00.html

A photo of Vince with Mourinho. Very wacky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Minto wrote:
    Now there is a celebrity WWE won't have to pay to go to their shows, lol. Did anyone read the article with him in one of the red tops last week? It was something like he had tickets to a show tomorrow night, but couldn't go because of the match with Liverpool.

By 'red tops' do you mean tabloids? The article you are talking about was in the Irish edition of the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Maybe Jose should try his hand at the wrestling business since he's not gonna win anything this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Double C wrote:
    Maybe Jose should try his hand at the wrestling business since he's not gonna win anything this season!

Except that Carling Cup that he's already won this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

By 'red tops' do you mean tabloids? The article you are talking about was in the Irish edition of the Daily Mail.

lol yeah because the daily mail is fierce hardline journalism,its a rag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I agreee with Krudler, the Daily Mail may be a little better then the comic books like The Sun etc., but I would still consider it a tabloid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

krudler wrote:
    lol yeah because the daily mail is fierce hardline journalism,its a rag

Couldn't put it better myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Except that Carling Cup that he's already won this season!

Ssshhhh! The Carling Cup doesn't count!

Advertisement