Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband down since Friday!

Options
  • 24-04-2007 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm running out of patience fast now. BT Broadband has been down since Friday in my area. Lucan, Rathcoole and Malahide were all affected originally, but now the Malahide area seems to be the only one out - 4 days now!

This is just a bit too long IMHO.
    WTF are they doing? Replacing the exchange?

Not a word about it on their website either, which truly gets my goat.

If it continues another 24 hrs I'm seeking a refund.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am on the Northside as well and switched from BT because of this crap,it was just happening to much and no feedback from them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Franz Ferdinand

It's the first time I've had a problem with them. Main pisser is I just signed up for the 'Total Talk' package about an hour before the system went t1ts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Happened before to me on the southside. They don't tell you much, it'll just start working again at some stage. Actually one occasion here when we were cut off it was because eircom came out and switched us off even though we'd moved to BT. Very bizarre situation involving a load of complete morons.

Having said that when I was a student in Germany our internet was down for 7 weeks before they finally came out and fixed it. German effeciency my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I'm running out of patience fast now. BT Broadband has been down since Friday in my area. Lucan, Rathcoole and Malahide were all affected originally, but now the Malahide area seems to be the only one out - 4 days now!

This is just a bit too long IMHO.
    WTF are they doing? Replacing the exchange?

Not a word about it on their website either, which truly gets my goat.

If it continues another 24 hrs I'm seeking a refund.

You probaly have tried this but just in case,
    If you disconnect your phoneline for 30 minutes and then reconnect it sometimes "cures" any issues that might be there. My BT went Friday for an hour or two but never in three years for days like you.

Have you been on to them for an explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

In over 4 years now my BT connection has been down for a few hours at the longest! Never had any major problems with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Seems a little unfair to be blaming BT.

Since they only resell Eircom's product, the issue is probably with Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Franz Ferdinand

The story last Friday/Saturday was a cable in Wexford had been cut by a digger. That was when 3 areas were offline.
    I rang their Tech Assist Line yesterday - they have a recorded message saying broadband services are down in Malahide - still.
    When I finally spoke to a human, he told me they had fixed the original problem but discovered a second fault in the Malahide exchange, which they were 'working on'. No ideas on how long it would take.

Ring their helpline - 1904 - you'll hear the same message.

Advertisement