Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

raw in england (Spoilers)

• 24-04-2007 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

LOL, robbie brookside, wtf? LMOL
    Jose Muriniho front seat.
    And a sign "Austin 316 says I hate Arsenal"

LOL,LOL,LMOL. What a ****in name. U should hear JR "ITS ROBBIE BROOKSIDE"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah Robbie Brookside from Liverpool. Someone's having a laugh with that.

I thought it was a good Raw. I enjoyed the main event.

I'll put this in spoilers but here are five things I learned from tonight's show:
    1. HBK will be named the best wrestler of 2007.
    2. John Cena does not deserve the criticism sent his way.
    3. Raw is much better when there's wrestling on offer!
    4. Khali ain't gonna improve in the ring.
    5. The Yanks have to put up with way too many commercial breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Yeah poor old Robbie Brookside, I thought they would put over the fact he looks like Edge. He didn't impress me at the ROH shows last August and he didn't get any chance to impress me there. Imagine if they used Alex Shane instead though, that would have been so much easier to watch!
    Was it just me or was Shawn vs Cena the longest match on Raw ever? WWE.com says it was nearly an hour and was fantastic, the ending was incredible.
    I saw Orton scheduled to fight Edge but I think we know why HBK and Cena went overtime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

collie1 wrote:
    LOL, robbie brookside, wtf? LMOL
    Jose Muriniho front seat.
    And a sign "Austin 316 says I hate Arsenal"

LOL,LOL,LMOL. What a ****in name. U should hear JR "ITS ROBBIE BROOKSIDE"

haha good old jose...cant wait to see that when I watch raw tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

The main event----lets just say I love the short matches.
    Edge V Orton
    I was not happy at the end of the day.
    Jose----He said a few weeks ago ( on tv) that if Chelsea did not get to the semi-finals he would bring his kids to a wrestling match. He still brought them.
    Khali---its true what mr nice guy said (above) about him.
    To just highlight something mr nice guy said above---I remember a few years ago ( this is when star trek was big, well kind of) i was in the USA and i watched a star trek episode one evening, my god, they took a break every 4 or 5 minutes, where as over here, RTE took one break per episode and SKY took 3. American tv and ad breaks, unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

collie1, if you're posting anything about what happened on a recent show then include "(Spoilers)" in the thread title. I know you didn't post anything major that happened, but just keep it in mind for the future

Robbie Brookside was pretty good back in the day. "The day" was over 15 years ago though. And I seriously doubt that many English WWE fans would have a clue who he is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I never thought I'd be happy that an Edge match got cancelled for an hour long Cena match but I was amazed. Best Raw main event in a long time it's just such a shame that they couldn't have used it for wrestlemania.lt was full of what could have been wrestlemania moments.

I think that match will change most people's opinion of Cena and I hope it does. That top rope fame asser was brilliant (as well as being a cheeky D-X reference) and the ending was ph3nominal.The crowd's reaction at the end said it all

Jose must have given them the hairdryer treatment after wrestlemania;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Guessed Jose was gonna make some appearance after reading this on another forum a few weeks ago, story from March 20th:
    I'VE heard of managers losing the dressing room, but poor old Chelsea boss JOSE MOURINHO seems to have lost his children – to WWE
    wrestling.

Jose was in the Conrad Hotel on Friday night, preparing for his team's match with Sheffield United, when he spotted WWE Smackdown star and former world champion CHRIS BENOIT.

Acting like an over-exuberant child, Jose ran over to Chris and got him to pose for mobile phone pictures with players including ASHLEY COLE, ARJEN ROBBEN, PETR CECH and SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS, as well as kids MATILDE and JOSE JR.

Jose then turned to the star, whose nickname is The Crippler, and confessed: "I can't get them to watch football, but wrestling they watch all day!"

A source told me: "I don't think Jose could have been any more excited – even if he'd seen THIERRY HENRY in a Chelsea shirt.

"Chris and his wife NANCY were in their element chatting to the players and signing autographs.

"They offered the kids free tickets for the WWE show at Earls Court in April - but Jose said he bought them the day they went on sale!"

Anyways, didn't get to watch Raw live (never do), but must try an catch it Thursday when it is repeated after hearing about the Cena/HBK match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't seen the main event yet. Good to see Murdoch get a singles match! I've read a load of good reports about him from this European tour. I thought he was goin for the Canadian Destroyer with that move he hit on Matt for the pin!

Just have to mention something that happened today, I thought it was gas. I was in the gym this morning and I lowered down my headphones cos I thought I recognised the music playin in the place. Took me a few seconds to realise it was Kane's old music! Val Venis' music was next and I hung around a little longer wonderin what would come after. I had to stop what I was doin and laugh, it was Regal's old "He's a man's man" music, haha. I could hear Angle's old music on my way out. But hearing Regal's old music was slightly surreal for a moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

Fozzy wrote:
    collie1, if you're posting anything about what happened on a recent show then include "(Spoilers)" in the thread title. I know you didn't post anything major that happened, but just keep it in mind for the future

Robbie Brookside was pretty good back in the day. "The day" was over 15 years ago though. And I seriously doubt that many English WWE fans would have a clue who he is!

sorry about that I just couldnt get over the name. I know Raw was in England but, common, what a name. Its like Raw in Ireland and someone comes out to JR screaming "ITS PADDY GUINNESS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

You know Robbie Brookside is his real name, right? Bit of a legend across the channel.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Brookside

He even beat Chris Jericho once!

• Advertisement
Advertisement