Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Site Review

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its alright - not much to assess I guess.
    The blue dates look too much like links at first glance.
    Maybe after someone succesfully posts (as I did!) then have an alert box appear - I know the name should appear but don't presume people see that line.

edit: great idea BTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

kbannon wrote:
    Maybe after someone succesfully posts (as I did!) then have an alert box appear - I know the name should appear but don't presume people see that line.
    Indeed. Don't assume that people will check to see if their name has been listed. Give them some feedback, especially as the CAPTCHA can be difficult to read (whats a 0 and whats an O, for example).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hey - thats my quote :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Er, I don't know what you're talking about :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

sitesg2.gif

Here's how it looks on my 17" widescreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Interesting, what browser you using? It works fine for me in FF 2 and IE 6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

<script> tag is missing a type attribute. That's the only error appearing.

The verification code (to stop spam I presume) is good.

You could make a bigger reference to the bebo site - e.g. requesting people add you as a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ziycon wrote:
    Interesting, what browser you using? It works fine for me in FF 2 and IE 6!
    IE 6. A lot of sites that are posted up here have a similar problem when I view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

CoNfOuNd wrote:
    You could make a bigger reference to the bebo site - e.g. requesting people add you as a friend.
    I'll let the owners of the site worry about that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

CoNfOuNd, i know it's off topic but your Spiral Hosting navigation is way off in IE7 and doesnt look right in IE6, there are some other IE6 issues too

Just wanted to point them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

grahamor - thanks for the feedback. I've fixed one bug there now in IE6 (the top menu wasn't in-line) and there are a few design issues I plan to fix. If you have any other comments on the site I'd like to here them (PM me maybe).

It's very hard to get it working in all 3 browsers. I had to change code to make it work in IE7 which then affected the appearance in FF, and the other way round.

It follows XHTML/CSS standards so it's really IE that is at fault.

Advertisement