Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Of Guts Of A System Needed Fast !!!!!

• 24-04-2007 3:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

OK I've got a neck like a jockeys ?????? But here goes what the hell I’m looking for someone to loan me the guts of there system for one day 24hours or even 6 hours .I need the mobo , ram, gpu, cpu, and maybe the harddrive with an OS on it to save the hassle of me doing a fresh install .TBH I only kind of need it for a few hours .as you may have seen on another thread in the modding forum myself and unklerossco have been pick by CUSTOMPC mag in the UK to have won their READERS DRIVE competition .So they are sending over a Photographer this Sunday to take snaps of both our systems which will appear in the June and July copies of the mag
    The snag is that both of us put our systems up on the readers drive page of their website over a year ago and I had upgraded the parts a few times since then , but now when they say we have won . I had just sold of the guts of the system I still have the case, psu and the TFT's and the mini TV and fans and controllers and so on all I need is main parts as they state the PC must be a full working rig to enter.
    Anyhow I'm willing to drive out on Sunday morning and pick you up and drop you back if you want or just pick up the hardware on its own. Anything would do but seems we are both kind of representing the Irish for the first time in this, it would be nice to have so good kit to show of in the system and of course ill give you tons of credit in the five page interview that we are doing telling the world how cool you are and so on and who knows what goodies I might have for you???
    Also if you don’t know me there is plenty of the guys here do .I will return your hardware the way I got it and wont be over clocking it and messing with it , all u need to do is just remove your mobo with everything still on it as in heat sink and so on. And I've you want some security I can let you hang on to my xps laptop or something like that.
    I know its a bit of a hassle but ill if the tables where turned I’d do it for one of the lads here. Anyhow PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSSEEE HELP ME

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I can loan you my opty hardware if you want?

Send me a pm and we can discuss it further. Or i can loan you a Matx p4 northwood build. Which ever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Also welcome to the guts of my main rig (Asrock board, X2 3800, 2gb G-Skill, X1900xt) if required.
    Its going to be dissasembled at the weekend anyway in prep for new build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

U can borrow my...... O wait, no that wont work ;-) Sunday is gonna be a day of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Lads thanks very much for your fast replies .hopeful if its ok ill PM you and sort out a time to pick them up and drop them back to you and anti thanks for the offer aswell and ur PM nice one lads sorry for the late reply but ive been on nights all this week .
    They are really only concerned about how its looks more so than whats inside but still its nice to have so half decent hardware in such a big monster of a rig .so thanks again lads .ill drop both your names in the interview for the item .

'Tis always a pleasure to help out...will await PM.

• Advertisement

No probs man, Best of luck with the shoot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Why not go as low-end as possible?

Any 386s knocking about?

I have a pentium 166 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ive an IBM PS/2 386. 30MB HD, she's beasty!

Zx80 Ftw !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

How low can you go i have an old server board with two pentium chips and 64 mb of ram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Congrats on getting your mods onto the mag. Both cases look/looked awesome and certainly way better than some of the systems that they put on there.

Try not to look to geeky for the photo. No pencils in the top pockets/ horn rimmed spectecles etc....:D

dont worry about the machines, they look grand already

it lives again i tell you it lives lol

43e1vr8.jpg

2lsh5c0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

U could bloody live in that thing... Its huge!!!

Come fly with me LOL IM renting it out to three nurses out of my job

Looks great!
    Can't wait to see it in the mag.

Thanks for ur help hopeful

I'm just glad all the bits worked...was still worried I'd wrecked the GPU ripping the waterblock off it. Somewhat of a relief to see it all working.

im bullying i got rid of my own hardware and watercooling kit as im not happy with the inside of the case .but at least its a full working pc talks to u . I dont know if i went over the top with the green plexy ?:rolleyes:

I don't reckon you can ever go wrong with green glowing plexi :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement