Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register to Vote

Options
  • 24-04-2007 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I was wondering if anybody was experiencing problems when trying to register for the Wicklow Constituency? I have sent two RFA3 forms in the last 12 months and I am still not on the register. It's a pain because each time I must go to the Garda station to get it stamped and signed. Now it looks like I must do this again. I am still registered to vote in my old constituency.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved to the General Election forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Looks like there were problems with checktheregister.ie

I was actually registered to vote in two different constituencies until yesterday! Democracy!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Langerland wrote:
    Looks like there were problems with checktheregister.ie

I was actually registered to vote in two different constituencies until yesterday! Democracy!
    Its not democracy thats the problem its bearaucracy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jimmy rodgers

I need to fill out one of those RFA3 forms - I wonder if you know the answer to these questions:

1. Is it too late?

2 . I am currently registered in Galway and I need to change to Dublin City Council. Which council am I supposed to send the form to, the old one (Galway CC) or the new one (Dublin City Council)? I think its the old one but I'm not 100% certain and due to leaving it till the last minute I want to make sure.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

some decent info and links here..

http://www.rte.ie/news/info/registration.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jimmy rodgers

Thanks Colonel Saunders - I was using rockthevote.ie (the blogs are funny on that website - trevor sargent talking about electric guitars and photo ops with skateboarders...).

I am looking at part eight of that RFA3 form -

"Change of address - I hereby authorise (name of registration authority) __________________________City/County Council to delete my name from the register of electors in respect of the address at (3) above and, where appropriate*, to forward this form to the registration authority for the address indicated at (2) above."

It seems to indicate that the form should be sent to the local authority you are currently registered with, which in my case would mean sending the form to Galway and hoping that the form-processors there open it and process it and send it to Dublin in time?

Does anyone know if this is right :confused: ? (I cant find this info anywhere by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Just wondering, I just turned 18 two weeks ago is there much time left to get my name on the register. I'm in South Dublin County Council.

Yes I think you have about a week to get on the supplimentary register but hurry up!

The best bet might be to contact the constituency office of any of your local candidates and you can bet your life,they'll get you on it very fast!

Locking this as there is a sticky here already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement