Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't send/receive txt's (HELP!)

• 24-04-2007 8:39am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Phone: Nokia 6600
    Operator: O2 PrePay

I was trying to get AFT working yesterday, I think that's where all this started.

When I try to send a normal sms over gsm the message fails and I haven't received any txt's all day yesterday. Even when I tried sending my phone a txt and settings from the nokia site. I downloaded the nokia configure program and it setup all the access points and stuff again but it still ain't working!

Anyone know what settings I should be looking at for sms. I see it's using an 086 message center which I assume is right.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Make sure the message centre number is not missing any digits
    Should be +353868002000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

If you have checked the MCN is +35386800200 and still cannot send contact O2

Note MCN does NOT affect incoming SMS so if power cycling the phone does not sort it out contact O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you changed your price plan or anything recently? Check with customer care and see if SMS is setup on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

First thing to do is narrow it down from the very start.
    Try sim in another phone
    if the problem is gone..then you've got yourself a phone issue.
    if problem still persists..then you have a network issue on your hands..contact o2

smartblaa wrote:
    First thing to do is narrow it down from the very start.
    Try sim in another phone
    if the problem is gone..then you've got yourself a phone issue.
    if problem still persists..then you have a network issue on your hands..contact o2

...Well no, not really.
    If you try your SIM in another phone and every thing works fine then the fault is probably with the phone.
    But if the same thing happens you may have a faulty SIM/Could be an issue with provisioning on your account/Could be a network issue.

Now contrary to popular opinion 9 times out of 10 the issue lies with the Hardware ie SIM or Phone and not a Network fault.

Long story short:
    If you are having SMS issues,

1. Power cycle your device
    2. Check your Message Centre Number
    3. Try SIM in alternate handset / Try someone else's SIM in your handset
    4. Are other customers of the same network in the area affected?
    5. Contact Customer Support.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Isn't that what SmartBla said!!:D

JohnnieM wrote:
    Isn't that what SmartBla said!!:D

Sort of ... but he said its either Phone or Network...can be the SIM too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

If its the sim.. It'll be the network that sort it out..:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Turns out when I got the internet access point enabled they went and buggered something else up. When I rang asking they said "Oh, this isn't enabled ... there you go, that should be working fine now."

Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Slaanesh wrote:
    Turns out when I got the internet access point enabled they went and buggered something else up. When I rang asking they said "Oh, this isn't enabled ... there you go, that should be working fine now."

Bah.
    Told ya so - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53137384&postcount=4

etc ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement