Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lcd Tv

Options
  • 24-04-2007 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

i was looking at getting a 37-42" tv for about 1200-1400 euro. Was looking at samsung and LG. can anyone recomend any specific models which are supposed to be good. also anyone know of any good deals going

all help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

why not plasma??

panasonic th-37pv70 is a 37" plasma. its 1399. or the 42" is 1599. best sets around for that price at that size, lcd or plasma. bar none.

moe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 crennicks

i was lead to believe lcd's were better. is this true, i wont be running any HD through it but obviously want that option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

if you're not using HD then stay clear of lcd. plamsa is much better on standard definition (SD) stuff. the only thing about about plasma is that if you plan to use it as a computer monitor it could be a bit dodgy.

a good lcd is sharper than a good plasma, but colour, movement etc is better on plasma.

there is probably going to be a huge debate about which is better lcd or plasma, but i look at them both every day and plasma is better.

have a look at them both and then decide what you think is better.

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

LCD will show up SD digital artifacts alot easier than plasma.

Ask anyone who uses NTL digital with a LCD, they will tell ya

im not really that pushed either way on plasma/lcd. just want a good tv, 37/42" for about 1400. i appreciated everyones help. Are there any good samsung or lg in that range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

i gots a sony lcd..and on normal sd the channels dont look the best..but i rarely look at it for that i mainly use it for ps3 and the picture is crispy clear..looks lethal..so if your not going to be using the tv for a pc monitor or use with a gaming console..you should go for the plasma... :D

alright so basically im looking to get a good value HD tv plasma/lcd for 1200-1400, will have to buy stand to which will be extra. can you please give recomendations!!!

anyone know of any good deals anywhere at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

powercity do 42" LG,phillips and samsung plasmas that are in your price range..

might wanna check out there site..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

Advertisement