Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sacred Reich -Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua to be Reissied.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

About bleedin time. Amazing that they're still unable to release this in the states due to a label still owning the rights and despite them not having printed a copy in at least 17 years. There is a demand for music which won't cost the label anything other than the cost of duplication to release, making money for them and the band (who let's be brutally honest need it more than any label) but still the band are unable to release their own music in their own country 20 years after it was initially released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Yeah, it's a ridiculous situation. I'll probably pick up a copy of this, Suft Nicaragua is a belter of an album. Plus it has one of the best Black Sabbath covers I've ever heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The original lineup of SACRED REICH — Phil Rind (bass, vocals), Wiley Arnett (lead guitar), Jason Rainey (rhythm guitar) and Greg Hall (drums) — will reunite for several shows in Europe this summer, including an appearance at the Wacken Open Air festival on August 4. The band has also lined up two "warm-up" dates in Arizona.

"Our first rehearsal the other day went surprisingly well, considering it's been ten years since we've jammed together," Rind told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "We did 11 songs that came together nicely, but the other five will need a little work. We're concentrating on the first three records and will be doing more material off of 'Ignorance' than we've done in at least 15 years. I can't even remember the last time 'R.I.P.' was in our set list. 'Ignorance' sure has a lot of parts!

"It's funny, we went and saw HEAVEN AND HELL, MEGADETH and MACHINE HEAD the other night, and it struck me, I don't want to hear new HEAVEN AND HELL songs, I want 'Mob Rules' and 'Neon Knights'! Same with MEGADETH. So we're going to take that approach to our set.

"So that's it. We're working away trying to knock the cobwebs off. It's been great to get back together, see everyone and jam again. We're looking forward to these shows and it's going to be a blast."

:)

Advertisement