Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First ATI 2900XT Benchmarks

Options
  • 24-04-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7043

Hmmm... now keep in mind it was competing against the GTS not the GTX as 1280x1024 & there is a very strange score for the HL2:EP1 from the GTS, they must have set the AA to the maximum possible as the X2900XT has a 512-bit memory bus.

Promising results but will have ot wait to see how it fairs at higher resolutions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looks good alright. i've been holding off building a new rig until i see how this does. mid-may slots nicely into my "gotta get et:quake wars" frame of mind too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Looks good from an Ati side but these keep on giving problems so the launch date gets pushed back. Seemingly will be launched in Q3 this year.

I'm building a pc and not too impressed with the 8600 range and would like to see Ati's choice in this area but it looks like i'll need to wait at least 1.5 months before the range will be out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

with the launch of this card the 8800gts will dro in price nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Its not looking that good for the xtx

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7052

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Indeed its certainly not fairing too well.

Bad news for AMD/ATI good for NVIDIA as the 8800 Ultra should make sure it stays king of the hill.

The only bright spot is that it's rumoured ATI scaled back the clocks on these parts to reduce costs so it can sell them at a cheaper price, if the X2900XT or even XTX work out cheaper than the GTS/GTX it will be their saving grace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Im waiting for Ati cards to come out to finish my rig. I will be an xt/gts so the xtx doesnt really matter to me.

Advertisement