Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring BT broadband router on an Eircom line

Options
  • 24-04-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Silly question probably.

I was at a friends last night trying to re-configure their BT broadband router and ran out of time. Since they had a USB modem I decided to take away the BT router and configure at my place and drop it back when I had it sorted. Got their BT login, settings and all the hardware.

Can I configure and test this on my Eircom DSL line at home or not ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

m_stan wrote:
    Silly question probably.

I was at a friends last night trying to re-configure their BT broadband router and ran out of time. Since they had a USB modem I decided to take away the BT router and configure at my place and drop it back when I had it sorted. Got their BT login, settings and all the hardware.

Can I configure and test this on my Eircom DSL line at home or not ?

Thanks

What were you trying to reconfigure that took so much time?

If you put in the standard eircom username and password it should work with Eircom no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Got connected to the router but it was dog slow and it would not connect to the internet for me. So I decided to take it away and maybe do a firmware update and set it up from scratch after that.

I'll try it with the Eircom settings. I presume it wouldnt work with the BT login on my Eircom line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Hi

It wont work unless you change the username and password.

If you are connected to a BT line you need to use theirs to connect as Eircom Radius Server will reject any other username and viceversa..

Advertisement