Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy mattress?

Options
  • 24-04-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Any idea where I can buy a new mattress in the swords area? I can only find reids furniture in airside that stock them, surely there are more places to get a mattress.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Harvey Norman sells bedding don't they? I'm pretty sure there is one in Swords. Failing that you could check some of the shops in The Pavilion, haven't been up there in a long time though so not sure if you'd have any luck there.

On a side note, anyone know where you can get rid of an old mattress? I have one in my spare room with all broken springs and need to get rid of it. Suggestions other than wait for Halloween and toss it on a bonfire?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Thanks jor el
    Might try harvey norman.
    There is a recycling place on the swords/malahide estuary, down by hertz and fyffes. they accept mattress's free of charge. they take any old crap that you have that wont fit in the bin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

man1 wrote:
    Any idea where I can buy a new mattress in the swords area? I can only find reids furniture in airside that stock them, surely there are more places to get a mattress.

There's Baize Furniture up by the CBS on Forest Road. That's generally cheaper than any of the shops in Airside. There's Des Kellys too up in North St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

man1 wrote:
    There is a recycling place on the swords/malahide estuary, down by hertz and fyffes. they accept mattress's free of charge. they take any old crap that you have that wont fit in the bin
    Unfortunately I'm in Limerick but at least I know there are places that take them now. Must check with the council to see if the local civic amenity centre takes them in, they do take all electrical recyclables so maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

man1 wrote:
    http://www.mattress.ie/

But I think a mattress might be something I would like to actually try before I buy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

classic furniture if your willing to wait about 5 months

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved to the Dublin City forum as this is not a Consumer Issues

Advertisement