Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering remote controls for radio

Options
  • 24-04-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi all, got a 03 vectra there last week. Took it for a test drive and it was fine though it was asking for the radio code. Paid deposit and asked the dealer to sort it he said no bother he'd get the code for me.

Picked the car up a few days later and dealer explained that the code given to him by the opel garage around the corner wouldnt work and when he told them this they said they'll have to send off to opel a report and it can take 6 weeks to come back with a new code. He then installed a JVC CD player.

the steering remote controls wont work is there away to link these up so that the controls can be used with the new CD player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is the JVC unit just a temporary fix until Opel sort out the code on the original radio? If it is then it's probably not worth the hassle to get the steering remote hooked up. If it's a permanent solution then it really depends on whether or not the JVC unit is compatible with the Opel remote controls.

Try here for more info > http://www.dobbertin-elektronik.de/navigate/lenkrad/ausw-lenk-engl.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

I dont mind if it is permanent or not, i just want to get the remote controls fixed up, the dealer made the decision without consulting me so either he can put back in the opel radio or figure out how to hook the controls to the jVC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There is a few companies providing interface kits to allow the use of original steering wheel controls with aftermarket stereos. Connects2 in th eUK do a whole range of stuff, but I'm sure some more google trawling will turn up more suppliers
    opel multi function steering wheel interface jvc

http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.aspx?catID=24&manID=222&modID=1100

However if it's only a temporary solution until the dealer can get the code then there is no point in getting this adapter. In my humble opinin you would be better keeping the JVC (as long as it doesn't look too tacky) as it is probably a better radio than the Opel one. Get the dealer to pay for the ordering and installation of the lead above. Just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

MJ Systems in Galway provided me with a lead for Pioneer to FIAT Marea a few years ago. 091-561449

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Thanks for the info lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement