Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Privateers & The Patch

Options
  • 24-04-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

So with the new patch comes a modified war dec fee system, will privateers survived this? Whats your opinion on the privateers and what they do. Are they just station hugging, empire griefing carebears? Or are they a great addition to the Eve Universe?

Personally I love the privateers, some of them are really full of themselves but they are a great addition to empire, forces you to move cautiously through empire in haulers, or big slow ships, never knowing how many of them are round the the next stargate.

Anywho what do you lot think about em? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can i ask what the Privateers are? Is it an Alliance? And i'm guessing the've been declaring alot of wars lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Kiith wrote:
    Can i ask what the Privateers are? Is it an Alliance? And i'm guessing the've been declaring alot of wars lately.

From there own alliance (executive corp) description....
    http://www.eve-online.com/alliances/a_753644383.asp
    Setup with the sole purpose of providing a free way to wage war against tens of thousands of targets in empire.Recruitment for the corp is closed. Member corp recruitment for the alliance is open. CEO: Surreptitious - Want in? Contact me you sissy mary.Directors: Sorted & Le SKunk - Want a war? Contact us you y-front wearing dork."We are building a religionWe are building it biggerWe are widening the corridors And adding more lanesWe are building a religionA limited editionWe are now accepting callersFor these pendant key chainsTo resist it is useless It is useless to resist itHis cigarette is burningBut he never seems to ashHe is grooming his poodleHe is living comfort eagleYou can meet at his locationBut you'd better come with cash"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

They get annoying after awhile. Mainly due to the stream of mails that corps leaving and joining set off. Living out in 0.0 you don't see any evidence of them except for that. They encourage alts in newbie corps anyway :)

We might see them turn in to something smaller but still doing the same thing for awhile at least. They may even change in to another MC if they don't just disband in fit of emorage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Maddzy + Renesco if you have nothing constructive to add to the thread fuk off.

heres the related changes.
    PLEASE NOTE: Concord war fees have changed to the following, please see this Dev Blog and forum thread for further information and discussion-

* Fees for starting and maintaining wars are directly proportional to either the number of wars your corporation or alliance is engaged in, or the number of wars the victim is engaged in. Previously only the number of wars the victim was engaged in was taken into consideration.
    * If the victim is involved in wars they did not initiate, those wars are counted towards the number influencing the cost of this war. If the instigator is also involved in wars they initiaged, those wars are also counted.

The higher of the two is used to determine the multiplier to the base cost, for example: if your corporation is involved in two wars your corporation initiated, a third war declaration will cost 3 times as much.

The same criteria applies to continuing wars: War are billed weekly based on the number of active wars at the time of billing. An example:

* Alliance A starts a war with alliance B: 50M.
    * It then starts a war with with alliance C: 100M.
    * Then next week it is billed for 200M, 100M for wars with both B and C (two outstanding wars).
    * If C receives war declarations from two other alliances before the week is over, the bill will be 150M.

Anyone done the maths yet to see what the price would be with privateers? looking like into the billions.

Ok quick work out. 10 wardecs where your alliance has initiated the war = 2.75 Billion isk, previously it was 500 million.

Can't figure out the billing though, looks like more.

I think the privateers may be a thing of the past. TBH they were being too exploited anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Hobbes wrote:

/me seconded :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

A thread about Privateers without spam? Oh the irony...

If you can't have a laugh go join a forum like boards.ie... oh wait...

The privateers were fun for a while but its wore off now. I think they will dec the bigger alliances with the most empire activity, maybe 4 or 5 of them, and leave it at that. They may get bored soon and just disband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Hobbes wrote:

WTS Sense of humour.

Hell I'll give it to you for free, you obviously need it.

Oh and the on-topic bit, yes the privateers are great, nerf bad, boohoo sad day for eve lalalalalalala.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

They where exploiting nubbins good ridden's

Maddzy wrote:
    If you can't have a laugh go join a forum like boards.ie... oh wait...

Pages of totally unrelated picture spam is just acting the bollox. You want to do that sort of sh!t take it to Dunecat.

As for privateers they were just being exploited the hell out of. Initially a corp that can "fight anyone" seemed like a good idea but most people would just wardec empire corps, rape them and then when it got too hot just left Privateers to take a holiday from fighting.

It's only in the last few months they were being exploited on a larger scale. This is generally what forces CCP to change the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

THIS THREAD NEEDS FIXING

illfixit.jpg

Hobbes wrote:
    Pages of totally unrelated picture spam is just acting the bollox. You want to do that sort of sh!t take it to Dunecat.

As for privateers they were just being exploited the hell out of. Initially a corp that can "fight anyone" seemed like a good idea but most people would just wardec empire corps, rape them and then when it got too hot just left Privateers to take a holiday from fighting.

It's only in the last few months they were being exploited on a larger scale. This is generally what forces CCP to change the game.

If pictures of cats in a thread really piss you off that much maybe you should seek therapy tbpfh. It's typical of Boards.ie though, the moment a 'Boardsie' see's outsiders having fun they have to come in and shut it down. I mean I've seen this type of thing in after hours before and it was let slide, so why not here? Well move along lads cause Hobbles and the fun police have come to tell us to be serious and stay on topic.

Really, keep pissing people off like this and all the Eve forum will be is you and r0ot regurgitating the latest hot topic from CAOD and spamming your banal cr@p <---- see what I did there, oo I got past the filter like the kool kids \o/

kyp_durron wrote:
    I mean I've seen this type of thing in after hours before and it was let slide, so why not here?

You already have other forums/threads to post that sort of crap in. In fact that is why TCN was created. To stop that sort of spam infecting After Hours.

You weren't adding to the topic of thread, instead we had what around 8 posts of picture spam and after Root cleared it up again you start again. How fuking stupid do you have to be?
    Really, keep pissing people off like this...

Boo fuking hoo. If it stops the crap you keep posting I am sure I will shed a tear.

Hobbes wrote:
    You weren't adding to the topic of thread, instead we had what around 8 posts of picture spam and after Root cleared it up again you start again. How fuking stupid do you have to be?

I start again? Where exactly? After the thread was cleaned I didn't post anymore photos. So how fuking stupid are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

kyp_durron wrote:
    I start again? Where exactly? After the thread was cleaned I didn't post anymore photos. So how fuking stupid are you?

I belive hobbes is refering to the not adding to the topic of the thread. There's not much to say about privateers tbh, they'll either live or die. Eve will just have to wait and watch.

Mantel wrote:
    I belive hobbes is refering to the not adding to the topic of the thread. There's not much to say about privateers tbh, they'll either live or die. Eve will just have to wait and watch.

I responded to what he said, you can't just say what you like and not expect a responce. Anyway like I said I think the cat pictures had more contant then his regurgitation of whats been said a million times on eve-o anyway, but that's just my opinion.

I'm at war with the Privateers atm and it's good fun, lots of targets and pew pew. Sad to see them nerfed, I really like how they got up the big alliance noses. But to be fair it had to happen. At least they can always say that they were responsible for changing the game mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

drama

normal_1135182687432.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

Quickly!! someone call the care police

drama6io.jpg

Neee Naaw Nee Naaw Neee Naaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Aha, brilliant, I had the Hobbes fear there, and then I realised I wasn't in BIE anymore. :D

Privateers nearly got me there the other day and I must say it added quite a bit of excitement to what I thought was going to be a boring trip. Twill be a shame alright... I really wanted a chance to go to war with them and pew pew their faces to bits. At this stage I'm so desperate to go to war. I'm at war at the mo, but it's a bit like 60 of us against 10 of them... so no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Meh - got war decced by them a few times [were on the closing down sale too \0/], so we got to go out and do some gankage which was nice for a the change of pace, free T2 gear and seperating the corp members from the tourists.

I know the Privateer wars made a good impression with the younger players and they liked ganging up and hunting down PVTRs so theyve had a positive effect on the game from our point of view. But if I wanted Empire PvP Id join Privateers. I wont shed so many tears.

They seem to be on the way out though - went out hunting them there through the main highways tuesday and they were extremely rare in space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement