Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapish Hotel in Portlaoise?

• 24-04-2007 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Anyone know of any good reasonable hotels in Portlaoise? The only ones I can find are the Heritage and the Comfort inn and both are quoting me over 150 quid for 1 night on the 29th September!
    Even decent b&b's?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Try O'Loughlin's Hotel, its on Main Street, i think thats fairly reasonable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭ryker

comfort inn on the tougher road about 2 min into portlaoise town by car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Have a look for out-of-towner guesthouses and B&B's. They'll be a little cheaper again (and probably less noisy and al that, being in the sticks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

This place is lovely and right in the town centre http://www.ivyleigh.com/ €60 a night

Theres also a few out the mountrath road, cant remember names.

Also theres a couple of lovely BanBs out near the Rock of Dunamaise (6Km Portlaoise). Very nice location.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Cheers for that, I'll check them out. I am going to a gig in a place called the Sky Venue so anywhere handy enough to that is great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

There is Barretts B & B out the Abbeyleix road only about 1 minute drive from where the Sky Venue is taking place. They are €30 per night!

Advertisement