Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US]24, Day6, Hour 19, (12am - 1am) [Spoilers]

• 24-04-2007 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

****ing hell.

Talk about falling apart at the seams. Everything is going wrong in 24 atm.

Botched Chinese op [obviously it had to drag out]

Bill fired and Nadia in temp charge.

Jack in custody.

Wasn't an overly great ep but it could be my lack of sleep clouding my judgement. Reserve voting till I see it again.

[US]24, Day6, Hour 19, (12am - 1am) [Spoilers] 16 votes

5*****
    0%
    4****
    12%
    DaposMencius 2 votes
    3***
    6%
    Sparky 1 vote
    2**
    56%
    Mossy MonkkaimeraMr EZaphAntiRipOtaconKojakJack BauerDeepBlue 9 votes
    1*
    25%
    Lex_DiamondssteviecNecronomiconsilvine 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

2**
    A good ep but by no means great.

Thought it was too, I don't know, bureaucratic...

So Audrey's loopy then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

3***
    You can see how they are emphasising how Doyle is. He's like a Jack Bauer 2.

2**
    Spanky-s wrote:
    You can see how they are emphasising how Doyle is. He's like a Jack Bauer 2.

More than they did with Curtis but no more than they did with Chase...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭pkumohideeile

I thought chase was alright. curtis was pretty boring. anyone could have acted all by the book and predictable like curtis. i kinda like doyle being like jack bauer junior. i wouldn't mind seeing them team up and kick some ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

1*
    I'm not normally picky but some of the plotlines at the moment seem a bit dodgy.

The Buchanan one. He did everything by the book but he has to be sacked and that's that? It doesn't make any sense, if it was all official procedure then there's no need for any enquiry and I can see how it could be a problem if the press found out, but it's not like they're broadcasting Reid's interrogation to the press or anything. Just seemed like a very rushed way of getting Buchanan out of CTU for whatever future plans they have for him.

And the whole Chinese plot. Is Cheng meant to represent the Chinese government? How did he get a fleet of armoured vehicles into the US? Isn't the fact that the US have the circuit board in the first place enough cause for Russia to change their codes anyway? And weren't the nukes originally being sent to Jack's Dad's company when they fell into terrorist hands anyway? Why were the Russians sending such important data that way? How hard could it be for China to get their hands on the board by other means if they're leaking out so easily? And how is there not already a major international incident over the fact that the Chinese kidnapped an American civilian to use as a bargaining chip?

I must be sounding very nitpicky and I am really normally happy to suspend my disbelief, but I just found myself asking questions like this over and over as I watched this episode. The only real positives were Doyle, who they've done a great job establishing this Season and the ending, which was pretty predictable but still some fantastic scenes.

• Advertisement

2**
    steviec wrote:
    I can see how it could be a problem if the press found out, but it's not like they're broadcasting Reid's interrogation to the press or anything.

I think Buchanan himself mentions that its just politics. If the press do find out, the President could be damaged if Kathryn, as National Security Advisor, is seen as not taking action against him (and remember that... oh I dunno his name, the guy from Ally McBeal, anyway, he also knew as he tried to use it against Kathryn earlier).
    steviec wrote:
    How is there not already a major international incident over the fact that the Chinese kidnapped an American civilian to use as a bargaining chip?

Before this episode, it was not an issue as she was dead as far as anyone knew. Now, they do indeed have an incident but the Chinese could always say that Cheng was rogue.

Oh I dunno really... I'm not making excuses for it anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

2**
    It's Karen Hayes as NSA, not Kathryn.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What a load of balls.

Ridiculous plots and a lack of tension brought about by having no characters left on the show that the viewer gives a sh1t about. Not a good combination.

2**
    kaimera wrote:
    It's Karen Hayes as NSA, not Kathryn.

Touche...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

2**
    Is 24 morphing into The West Wing? Didn't like this episode all that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

1*
    Have to agree with all of the above, pretty poor episode. The two episodes since 17 (which was one of, if not the best of the season) have been sub-par. I'm starting to wish they'd left Fayed live and stretch it out for the remainder of the season, I don't like this whole Chinese thing.
    And as for the Bill/Karen political mumbo jumbo, that really dragged it down for me. Characters I actually like in CTU are dropping like flies.

Anyway, here's hoping it picks up as we head onto the last stretch of episodes in the season. I think it's been a good season so far, but I don't want to remember it as being a good 17 episodes and a **** last 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

So the last 5 eps are going to be about trying to get back the circuit board from the Chinese or maybe it will fall into someone else's hands in that time.
    Jack will surely be involved in the pursuit, although that's going to be difficult if he's banged up in CTU.
    I assume he will talk Nadia into releasing him to help get it back. Audrey looks fairly badly screwed up, I don't know if Jack would have been too arsed about rescuing her if he'd known that beforehand!
    (I'm cruel I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

2**
    An Ok, if not great, episode.

Too much bureacracy and talk. Also I was a bit unsure of the firing of Buchanan. He did everythig " by the book" and yet he still gets fired :confused:

Also, the chinese incident at the end of the epiosde was not realistic. I was amazed that Cheng would allow himself to be dictated to by Jack as much as he was.

An now we see that all of Jack's planning etc. was to no use, as Doyle (in his haste to shoot some chinese) alerted Cheng, and he escaped. Now it also appears that Audrey is nuts. I just hope it improves next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sofireland

Buchanan knew he was gonna be sacrificed because Karen was too close to the president.
    Its only cos yer man was singing while being interrogated,
    Episode pretty much sucked too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

1*
    Poor, poor, poor.

Not much happened for most the episode. Jack skulked around in the dark, the White House staff continued their plotting and the Chinese storyline is beginning to look more and more crowbarred in.

Maybe the backlash is rubbing off on me but Big Jack is facing his biggest crisis yet: pissed off fans.

Advertisement