Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sales???

Options
  • 24-04-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

:D just wondering are there sales on now in ski shops or do they have sales? alsi want to buy pair of ski boots 4 next season, can anyone recommened brands to me? im very new to all of this?

and one last thing, does anyone know of any tour operator or travel agend who do 2 week skiing packages?? its seems like its the not done thing...

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On the 2 week package thing, I'd imagine that ringing up a tour operator would be a good idea, as they probably all do it on request, not that I have ever asked tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Lucifer wrote:
    :D just wondering are there sales on now in ski shops or do they have sales? alsi want to buy pair of ski boots 4 next season, can anyone recommened brands to me? im very new to all of this?

and one last thing, does anyone know of any tour operator or travel agend who do 2 week skiing packages?? its seems like its the not done thing...

thanks in advance!

have had very limited skiing this year we're just too busy (got in one weekend though):D

snowandrock.co.uk have a sale going on at the moment, i'd recommend
    you wait before you buy any boots...have a look at the snowandrock website to find out the store locations, (don't buy over the net)!!!

you might be in london over the next few months...or you may go to chamonix now or some other resort:D and get a pair in the sales

don't rush!!! take several hours to choose your boots, as each boot has different characteristics, i.e. freestyle, racing, advanced etc etc, any good ski shop will help you choose, i've always used salamon boots and normally get 5 years out of a pair (about 20weeks) then time to change, to sell back to the shop, they rent out older boots!!

my advice to you, from painful experience, is to "break-in" your boots before you use them, walk around the house etc for a few weeks

Your kinda late for a two week package (this year):) however, inghams
    do the two week thing www.ighams.ie , if you're going for a two weeker, get a few friends to go along otherwise it can be a long trip.

for that duration you need a bit of variety of resorts, chamonix valley is always good (late janurary onwards)!!! a car is very useful to travel around, say a week in the valley itself, then across the mont blanc tunnel to courmayeur, pila etc (italian side) then back to france megeve, flaine sixt les carroz, so many places to go:D

the easiest way for a two weeker is to book with aerlingus to geneva then
    use www.a-t-s.net or hopabus to travel to the resort/s or you can do ryanair to salzburg...would recommend soll if you're new to the sport use salzburg then bus, or alternatively fly to munich, travelling to the alps is very easy

happy trails!!!

Advertisement