Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help please!!!

Options
  • 24-04-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

I bought a car at the end of January off my brother. It is a 2003. It hasn't had an NCT before. I received the tax renewal form in the post the other day (tax out at the end of this month) and it said on it that the NCT due date = 11th March 2007. Neither my brother or I received any warning or letter telling us about an NCT whatsoever. Where do I take it from here?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You can book it online and it will be backdated to 11 March for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just ring the NCT on 1890 412 413 or email them at bookings@ncts.ie or even online at www.ncts.ie. You will able to book the car for a test by any of these methods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I bought a car at the end of January off my brother. It is a 2003. It hasn't had an NCT before. I received the tax renewal form in the post the other day (tax out at the end of this month) and it said on it that the NCT due date = 11th March 2007. Neither my brother or I received any warning or letter telling us about an NCT whatsoever. Where do I take it from here?

Ring 1890 412 413 to book the car into any NCT centre that suits you. You'll just be asked for the reg no, some details such as phone no/address and what centre you want to book into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

Cheers folks. Surely they have to make some kind of contact with you letting you need it has to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Usually they do inform you of an upcaoming test - but I'm sure some slip through net for one reason or another. But ultimately it is up to the driver to ensure that the car is tested.

• Advertisement

okey doke. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

I presume you sorted out change of ownership with your brother and you now have the VRC? If so, did you not know that NCT is due 4 years after the first date of registration of the car? The first registration date of the car is on the VRS. So if you had looked at this then thats how you would know when it is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Cheers folks. Surely they have to make some kind of contact with you letting you need it has to be done

Nope, its up to you to make sure you have a valid NCT disc. In the majority of cases, they will write to you to advise you but you still have to contact them to book in.

I presume you sorted out change of ownership with your brother and you now have the VRC? If so, did you not know that NCT is due 4 years after the first date of registration of the car? The first registration date of the car is on the VRS. So if you had looked at this then thats how you would know when it is due.

Yeah that was all sorted. Only dealt with DOE before on commercial vehicles

Darragh29 wrote:
    Nope, its up to you to make sure you have a valid NCT disc. In the majority of cases, they will write to you to advise you but you still have to contact them to book in.

They never contacted me to advise me but sure anyway I know now

• Advertisement
Advertisement