Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Ballsbridge

Options
  • 24-04-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm going to Dublin for a J1 interview tomorrow....Could someone tell me whats the easiest way to get to Ballsbridge from town? ....around the Grafton Street area.

What buses go to Ballsbridge and from where??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Thanks a mill....much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Luas is a ridiculous suggestion.:confused: :eek: If a culchie suggested that I would laugh, if that poster is from Dub they should bow their head in shame! OP 4 sensible options are: The bus (4, 7, 45 and others), The Dart to Lansdowne Rd (about 3 mins away from Embassy), Taxi or you walk directly from town.

Walking will take 20-25 mins (probably shorter time than walk from Luas station which would easily take as long). I've done the same walk from town hundreds of times, especially late at night when no taxis can be got! Anyway, Walk straight down Baggot st- Pembroke Rd. or Nassau st- Mount st.- Northumberland rd, etc. both routes are roughly the same distance. Oh and before everybody jumps on my case, I lived in Ballsbridge/Donnybrook area for years, I only moved out last month, so unlike certain posters, I know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

dats_right wrote:
    Walking will take 20-25 mins

I'd second this, I lived in Ballsbridge for years and regularly walked from town. It's an easy walk (straight line from Nassau St) even if you don't know the area and it's a nice walk through a lovely area.

If you're going to the US Embassy, bus is easier (and probably faster) than Dart because it drops you right across the road.

Advertisement