Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips DVD8801

• 24-04-2007 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I am having major trouble with this as it won't write any cd's for me at all. I get an error message of

Sense: 05 ASC: 30 ASCQ: 05 (Command 2A)

Px.dll: 2.2.54.500

pxdrv.dll: 1.1.68.0

PxMas.dll: 2.2.54.500

PxSFS.DLL: 2.2.54.500

PxWave.dll: 2.2.54.500

pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

I have updated the Firmware and everything but still won't work.

Anybody any ideas?

I'm running windows XP on a Dell Intel Core Duo.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Your using RecordNow I take it, does this happen for all CD-R's or just this brand in particular.

It could be the firmware of the drive does not supports those discs but to rule out a software problem try using the demo version of CopyToDVD let me know if that works if not we can try something else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

get some RW's to practice on so you won't have too many coasters.

for testing
    - turn off AV and other stuff in the background.
    - try a linux boot CD to rule out software - use k3b or just burn an ISO
    - burn a small ISO with cdburn *
    - use CD2ISO or other app to verify you can READ a full 650-700MB CD (if it can't read then snowballs chance of writing)
    - http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ - if your drive supports it

have you made any changes to PC , especially BIOS settings or added any other drive to the same controller ?

* it's in the windos 2003 res kit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

It's a brand new computer. The first time I go to burn some CD's it errored out. Surely it should work being brand new:confused: Only last week the USB controllers stopped working and I had tried everything and nothing so I opened up the computer and pushed the ide's in tight. Then it worked fine again. This week it's the cd-burner. Next week it's going back to Dell for a replacement.

Advertisement