Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to HP in Leixlip

• 24-04-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone tell me if it far from Louisabridge railway station to HP in Leixlip?? Is there a bus link to them from there? or is it a long walk from the station to HP??

any help appreciated

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

I think there is a shuttle bus, a friend of mine worked there last year and i remember her saying there was a bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Better suited to the East forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wexdub

diarmuidh wrote:
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if it far from Louisabridge railway station to HP in Leixlip?? Is there a bus link to them from there? or is it a long walk from the station to HP??

any help appreciated

D
    it is only a 5mints walk from the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wexdub

wexdub wrote:
    it is only a 5mints walk from the station.should be no bother in good weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

wexdub wrote:
    it is only a 5mints walk from the station.
    It bloody well is not!

Click for map

Louisa Bridge is there where the canal meets the road on the left hand side of the picture. HP is way down below Elton Court. It's at least a twenty minute walk, it takes me ten minutes to walk from St Mary's GAA club to Louisa Bridge in the mornings, and it's more than twice that length.

Fortunately I have seen a minibus that picks people up from the train station and has "Hewlett Packard-Intel" as it's destination, so I presume it goes around to the two. Might want to ask somebody who works there to be honest.

If you can get a 66B from town (they're not very regular) that brings you to the HP gate as the last stop.

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Roar83

the bus leaves around 8:40 from louisa bridge, there will be 2 busses there, one goes to intel. the hp one is usually the bigger one at the same side of the road as the train station.
    you can get a timetable at hp reception, it goes throughout the day.
    it is about a 25 min walk.
    66b dublin bus stops outside also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If you ever have to walk it, there's a few shortcuts. Go down Accommodation Road, then you'll be opposite a big estate called Castletown, then walk straight through that. You'd then be near a Eurospar. Walk past Eurospar (it should be on your right...don't walk in the other direction!)...then eh, keep walking. It's actually 5 minutes walk from it! You walk over a bridge, that's over thr M50...then you're at the outskirts of HP..you just have to walk to the first entrance then. If you're quick, that wouldn't take more than..12ish minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

If you ever have to walk it, there's a few shortcuts. Go down Accommodation Road, then you'll be opposite a big estate called Castletown, then walk straight through that. You'd then be near a Eurospar. Walk past Eurospar (it should be on your right...don't walk in the other direction!)...then eh, keep walking. It's actually 5 minutes walk from it! You walk over a bridge, that's over thr M50...then you're at the outskirts of HP..you just have to walk to the first entrance then. If you're quick, that wouldn't take more than..12ish minutes.
    I assure you that nobody could walk from Leixlip to the M50 in 12 minutes ;).

It's a twenty to thirty minute walk regardless of shortcuts through Castletown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's not a straight walk through Castletown either.
    Follow the yellow brick road Tarmac road. there are a couple of turns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Im from Celbridge , I work in Intel , there are some very optimistic estimates here on how long it would take to get from louisa bridge to HP by foot , maybe if you power walked you might do it in 25 - 30 minutes , at a stroll its more like 40.
    And Castletown , my neighbourhood , is no small estate , its huge and its a maze , Im there 4 years and I still get lost sometimes!!

If you need to get there for an interview or something , get out at louisa bridge , and ring 6270444 ( local hackney ) and they will pick you up at the station and take you there , for about €10.

Otherwise its not a bad walk , but allow for the time and ask plenty of people for directions along the way just in case you miss a turn. That Intel /HP bus is a 4 time a day service , so if you miss it your walking or getting a cab.

• Advertisement
Advertisement