Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downlaoding Itunes to creative MP3

Options
  • 24-04-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if someone can help me. I downloaded a new album last friday (The Delorentos) on I-Tunes. I then tried to transfer the downloaded file onto my Creative MP3 but wasn't able to.

I thought I read in the news recently that information downloaded from i Tunes was compatable with any MP3 player.

Can someone tell me if this the case and how do u go about doing it.

Many Thanks
    Ed:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If it has DRM it wont play on it.
    If it's AAC or M4A Creative players don't support the formats so you can't play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Burn it to CD as audio, then import it into your creative player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Doctor J wrote:
    Burn it to CD as audio, then import it into your creative player.
    :eek: this is why I don't like iTunes, why on earth would they force people to do that :(

Or maybe there's some setting that will allow you to download in MP3 format instead of AAC? AAC is a proprietory Apple format

*shakes fist at apple*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

cornbb wrote:
    :eek: this is why I don't like iTunes, why on earth would they force people to do that :(

Or maybe there's some setting that will allow you to download in MP3 format instead of AAC? AAC is a proprietory Apple format

*shakes fist at apple*

Bog all you can do; as a music download service, ITunes is aimed, presently, solely at the IPod owner. If you want podcasts, they come down as mp3s, and they'll play on your Creative player, but c'est tout.

As DrJ says, the best you can do is burn to CD and re-rip, but as you probably know, you're losing a hell of a lot of sound quality there, so you won't be playing the Delorentos on a sound system anytime soon...

Advertisement