Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to??

Options
  • 24-04-2007 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

just got a new car there. am almera. the battery in one of the keys is gone!! where can i get one and how much will i be paying...
    and one of the washer fluid shooter things isnt working, and the other one has a red light on it, where can i get another one of these lights?
    thanks

oh whats the procedure for taxing a vehicle you just bought, any forms etc?
    and for nct, do ya have to ring to make the appointment?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I believe you can tax it online, the password is the last 6 digits of your chassis code!!
    The washer jets can be purchased in any motor factor!!
    Remove the battery and see the size but most chemists would supply them if the are the flat batteries!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

but ive just bought it, do i not have to fill out anything??! the log book has been sent away so i dont know the chassis number.
    can i buy a red light washer jet from the motor factors?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The DOE in Shannon will post out the new Vehicle Registration Cert to you. You then are officially the new registered owner of the car. You can then tax the car at your local motor tax office or you might be able to tax it online, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I can answer the first one easy enough as I have a '99 Almera. My keyring takes 2 CR 1620 batteries. Look on the underside of the keyring and it should tell you, in case newer Almeras have a different keyring to mine.

I bought the batteries in Boots and put them in myself. Only thing is that the screw holding the keyring together is small so you probably need precision screwdrivers, which I had. Then just snap the two parts of the keyring apart, change the batteries and you're set.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ghupta Yahd

Any decent motor factor or camera shop should have the batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Just a tip, do not remove the old battery until you get the new one. Even if the old battery is not strong enough to open the doors, usually it retains enough power to mantain the programming.

Normally you have to put in a new battery within 10 minutes of removing the old one, otherwise the remote may have to be re-programmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

thanks guys... also i need aerial.... how much would that set me back?

Advertisement