Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New RUSH album 30 second clips available!!

• 24-04-2007 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Howdy rocking kings/queens,
    ....well of all places walmart!! i was told have new RUSH album up for pre ordering...so if ya wanna hear all 13 tracks or at least 30 seconds of each check em out..sounds veryy fresh!!....go to music section type in rush in search and it will pop up sound clips and all.

enjoy!...ciao' amigos../Baggio...

ps listened on www.rushisaband.com to a whole bunch of radio interviews theyve done all over USA rock radio stations...Alex Lifeson says theis will be THE rush album!!,,was struck how many rock dj's etc are huge fans of them too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Baggio wrote:
    Alex Lifeson says theis will be THE rush album!!

Every band says that :P I'll check this out though I liked what I heard of Far Cry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

It's in the shops! Got my copy today, just listening to it now :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

peter1892 wrote:
    It's in the shops! Got my copy today, just listening to it now :D:D:D
    so whats the verdict?

MoominPapa wrote:
    so whats the verdict?

I like it - at first it sounds a bit like 'Vapor Trails' but as I listen to it again I can hear little instrumental gems hidden in the songs. They're good songs - as you'd expect, great melodies & lyrics. The early impression I get is that it's got a great groove to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ordered it on CdWOW today. Have an agonising 7 day wait now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's a grower, New, Fresh, yet quintessencial Rush. Lots of reminders of past classics.It could be their finest yet, .:cool:
    Bring on the tour, got tickets for London 1 and 2, Birmingham and Manchester and for the 2 gigs at the Ahoy Rotterdam.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Haven't listened to the clips, but I'm looking forward to the album. I remember being quite impressed by the full song they released a while back, so it's been on the to-do list for a while.

It's very good - really fresh sounding, great production too. Stand out tracks for me are 'The Larger Bowl' 'Faithless' & 'Far Cry' - but that's likely to change as I listen to it some more. And there are 3 (count 'em - three!) instrumentals including a really nice acoustic passage courtesy of Lerxst :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Got the new one last night and after just one listen I'm already saying it's their best work since Power Windows. Seriously, it's that good. Peart is on absolute top form. Big emphasis on him on this one.

Armor And Sword is my favourite track so far, closely followed by The Main Monkey Business which is a typically excellent Rush instrumental.

The best band ever delivers yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I genuinely didn't know there were that many Rush heads out there, please recommend an album and I'll check it out for the crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Start with Moving Pictures buck.

AlanOB wrote:
    Start with Moving Pictures buck.
    and Permanent Waves . the best album of all time.
    then follow up with 2112,
    Exit Stage Left live would be the next i'd recommend after that.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

AlanOB wrote:
    Got the new one last night and after just one listen I'm already saying it's their best work since Power Windows.
    That's a *very* bold claim. I stopped listening to them after that LP/CD.

Exit Stage Left is the best Rush introductory LP/CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Buck65...yeahhh
    ...theres more of us than ya think,,we mostly live in trees and walls and come out every 5 years or so...hahahah

recomendations?...gosh where does one start!!!...id say moving pictures, permanent waves, 2112, counterparts and maybe hold you fire....and any live album.....and for in depth crazy music of top notch 3 mastercraftsmen playing it has to be Hemisphere's :)

is all goooood ;)

ciao' amigo...Baggio....enjoy!

The thing with Rush & the whole idea of 'where to start' is that their output is so diverse that 10 different fans will give 10 different answers! While 'Moving Pictures' is my favourite Rush album I do have a particular liking for 'Hold Your Fire' & I also think 'Counterparts' is a brilliant album ('Presto' has great songs too but the production let it down). Of course you could go back towards the 70's & start with '2112' or 'Hemispheres' instead, both excellent albums.

Another good place to start would be the live album 'Different Stages' - it's a 3 disc set, discs 1 & 2 were recorded on tours in 1997 & 1994 but disc 3 is a set from 1978 so you get a really good mix of the bands output & it's nice to hear how sound evolves across 20 years or so.

Be warned - you'll find yourself buying everything by them soon enough :D;)

peter1892 wrote:
    Be warned - you'll find yourself buying everything by them soon enough :D;)
    Then there are the 500+ live Bootlegs to collect.:D

Peter1892...
    ...yeahh thats a good point about the variety of stuff theyve done over the years, many of my unfortunate mates often complain to me about how few bands i actually listen to or buy music of,,,well to be honest it's because the main 4 bands ive always liked do all sorts of music, rush, jethro tull, horslips, hawkwind all do so many variety's of stuff...why would i buy a metal album from say Metallica...when for me Vapour Trails by Rush or Crest Of a Knave by Tull,,,or Creatures Of The Night by Kiss can satisfy my ears for that.....i stick to bands with great musicians and who have variety..for me any band in just one genre goshh they MUST get bored at SOME stage.
    ...Thats why i tend to steer clear of those kind of bands...same with the 80's the whole ska white regae thing,many bands sprung up,,,but even tho they were good...it was alll that they did!...so RUSH responded as they tend to do to the sounds of the time and Grace Under Pressure and Signals both had lots of those influences running thru them and quite frankly they did that better than the other ska bands too!

as said before...their music is for "grown ups", not angry teenagers who hate the world and their parents...mind yu i got into em as a teen...i must have just been a happy lad hahaa...... there's something for everyone in it somewhere along the line...musicians overall and across the globe luv em...coz they dont talk about what they can do or would like to do...they actually DO it and put it on record......makes some of us happy ehhehe

ciao' amigos....Baggio....

Baggio, your posts hurt my eyes! Punctuation my man, punctuation!

I've only really recently got into Rush. Had a few albums downloaded but now I've started to buy them. CD-WOW still havent shipped out the new one though :(

Slurms...
    /......well spotted...apologies....have to work on the ol' punctuation.

I'll try harder next time bud heheh :)

ciao' amigo..Baggio.......

• Advertisement

Baggio wrote:
    Slurms...
    /......well spotted...apologies....have to work on the ol' punctuation.

I'll try harder next time bud heheh :)

ciao' amigo..Baggio.......
    It's only annoying to me cos I like reading your posts. You're a very informed dude, and they're always interesting.

I picked the album up today, but I haven't given it that much of a listen to yet.

Got it today, only had the one listen so far but I like it.

Time will tell if it's a true classic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Got my copy in the post this morning and gave it 3 spins already.

Absolutely brilliant.

Everything about it is just hitting the right spots and the production is spot on too. I thought the production on Vapor Trails was the worst they ever had, it was just so suffocating and it took me a while to get into it, but S & A is just so fresh sounding, it's incredible.

:)

Ancient1 wrote:
    Got my copy in the post this morning and gave it 3 spins already.

Absolutely brilliant.

Everything about it is just hitting the right spots and the production is spot on too. I thought the production on Vapor Trails was the worst they ever had, it was just so suffocating and it took me a while to get into it, but S & A is just so fresh sounding, it's incredible.

:)
    Indeed, the Production is excellent.:cool: It would be nice to re-produce Vapor Trails i reckon.:D

I've definetly gotten into it more, and I have to say the final track is probably my favourite.

Well folks,
    ....finally got to listen to it today...have to say its a superbbb album it reallyyy attacks!,,,great music - really great music...unreal,,and these guys are all 53?!?!!...****....i really cant get over what a powerful LOUUUDDD album it is - reallly in your face bombastic stuff..has all the energy of Vapor Trails but that old Rush finnesse is back,,,great melodies.
    Alex Lifeson's guitar work in phenominal...the first instrumental? my God he gets every possible sound and feel from each Guitar moment,,,Pearts druming is sooo on the money great fills power packed beats...its all there..Lee's Bass well as magic as ever - his singing good too. Its just an all round great album, so positive and as i said rocking loud...if ever a band was back THEIR BACK!!!!!....this will be some tour to go with it....can't wait!!

I'll have more listens and really get into it ..album comes at such a great time...my drumming now will just explode heheh, be warned any who come to "Never Say Die" gigs ...Im gonna pulverise yur ears and minds hehehe this album is just what i need to re explode with the band again!!

ohhh yeahhhhhh!!!! ;)

ciao' amigos....Baggio...

Advertisement