Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm recommendations (again!)

Options
  • 24-04-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

OK, after having my car broken into twice so far this year, I've about 300 Euro set aside for an alarm for it. I'd like something half decent (I like the alarms that can page the fob to let you know it's going off in case you can't hear it).

So I'm wondering, can I get a decent alarm for that kind of money, or would I need to spend more? And any recommendations on a good alarm and fitter?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Depend on the alarm but if you are looking for a pager alarm system, it will cost you more than 300 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

well if your lookin for a bullet proof alarm for that kind of money I would recommend meta systems or sigma, but you wont get a decent pager alarm for less than 500, I myself fit alarms in kildare and I can recommend some decent alarm fitters in dublin depending where you are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

just out of interest, do the pager systems have a range, ie. 500meters?

also i seen models that can display why the alarm went off, open driver door, etc. and ones that can display if the engine is started.
    are these more expensive systems or is that standard for any pager alarm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

800m on a flat surface, meaning not high buildings or tick walls.
    The pager usualy have some sort of visual signal, vibration and sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

the best pager alarm for that sort or money is the K9, VERY RELIABLE and great value GW autos 0868228014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Well, like I said, I've 300 set aside, but I'd be willing to add to it to get a decent alarm if necessary.

Thanks for the advice so far, lads.

Advertisement