Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the story with 3 Unlimited Broadband?

• 24-04-2007 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

What's the story with 3's broadband packages?
    I am completely confused.

I subscribed to their Unlimited Broadband add on.
    Does this mean I can use my Sony Ericsson W850 as a bluetooth modem ? I assumed so!

No one has sent me T&Cs or explained anything.

I'm really getting sick of 3. My recent trip to Belgium and France led to an insane roaming bill. Their rates are nuts if you're not on a 3 network. So, it's completely useless for business purposes.

Also had Direct Debit mess ups which were handled very poorly. Ended up having to deal with their collections department despite having paid them!

I think I'll be back over to Vodafone again.

3 : Get your act together!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Solair wrote:
    What's the story with 3's broadband packages?
    I am completely confused.

I subscribed to their Unlimited Broadband add on.
    Does this mean I can use my Sony Ericsson W850 as a bluetooth modem ? I assumed so!

Yes, you can -what's the problem? And, if it doesn't suit, you can just unsubscribe. It's a month-to-month facility.

Solair wrote:

I'm really getting sick of 3. My recent trip to Belgium and France led to an insane roaming bill. Their rates are nuts if you're not on a 3 network. So, it's completely useless for business purposes.

There is no doubt that roaming with Vodafone Passport in France and Belgium is by far the best solution at present; on the other hand you must have had some inkling what you were likely to be charged using 3 Ireland? Remember it is the networks in France and Belgium who pass on the lion's share of what you are paying on your bill, then they stick their cut plus VAT on top.

If you are stuck with 3 why not get a local SIM in the countries you are visting? Then either leave a voice alert advising of your foreign number or get a YAC number and divert your calls to the number you're at.

Finally, in the territories where it CAN be used, "3 Like Home" is unbeatable. Hopefully this will expand. Or better still, be imitated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The problem is that I am hearing from one source that I CAN use my mobile as a modem and from another that it's against T&C and I will be charged.

Seems it depends on which agent I get speaking to!

As for the roaming charges, I will simply be carrying a vodafone prepay phone in future. I didn't realise they were THAT steep. BASE and Orange clearly charge an absolute fortune.

Solair wrote:
    The problem is that I am hearing from one source that I CAN use my mobile as a modem and from another that it's against T&C and I will be charged.

Seems it depends on which agent I get speaking to!

As for the roaming charges, I will simply be carrying a vodafone prepay phone in future. I didn't realise they were THAT steep. BASE and Orange clearly charge an absolute fortune.

I wouldn't listen to any agent: there are getting confused with 3UK's T&Cs regarding use of X-series as a modem.

You won't be charged: but you can keep an eye on your current spend, which is updated in real-time. Check balance, use phone as a modem, check balance again afterwards.

Roaming charges are still obscene on most services and networks. Use Passport.

3 Like Home on the other hand has rduced my outgoings dramatically as I can now use UK minutes in Dublin and surf for free anywhere in Ireland, the UK and countries like Italy where I was recently.

Advertisement