Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding

Options
  • 24-04-2007 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭

I got a new router-voyager 210 adsl router-and i can't acesss the router's configuration menu to assign an ip and put in a port number. I know i'm putting in the right password and username as when i got the router i had to enter in the same password and username to access the internet. it's annoying because i'm back to crappy speeds on torrent downloads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

you need to enter an address in your browser, mine is 192.168.1.1 (linksys), yours may differ, check doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i've done that and when i try to go into the advanced menu it says the password and username for "voyager210 configuration manager" is invalid.
    it's strange because i'm entering the exact same password and username i did the first day i got this new router to communicate with the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

maybe you changed the login name and password as most routers will get you to do this. if you can remember what they were changed to you should just do a factory reset (there should be a button on the back)
    ***but this will undo all of your previous configurations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

The password and username is admin/admin to enter the configuration page to make changes. The username/password you get from your ISP is for connecting to the internet and not for making changes on the config page.

I just disconnected the router and then put in the same password and username and it connected again. so, wouldn't that indicate the password and username are correct? however, when i tryed to go into the advanced menu it gave the same message. I presume ringing BT tech support on this is not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I just disconnected the router and then put in the same password and username and it connected again. so, wouldn't that indicate the password and username are correct? however, when i tryed to go into the advanced menu it gave the same message. I presume ringing BT tech support on this is not an option.

If BT supplied the router then they should support it....

The password and username is admin/admin to enter the configuration page to make changes. The username/password you get from your ISP is for connecting to the internet and not for making changes on the config page.

ah i see. with my previous router i was allowed make changes to the router settings. It seems bt don't want me to have a green smiley on my torrents

apox on thee Esat BT:mad:

Advertisement