Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course of Action?

Options
  • 24-04-2007 2:12pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I purchased a sofa froma firm in Dublin - Piad 50% upfront (€1300) and told it would take 8 weeks to deliver. 12 weeks later I was unable to contact the firm by phone so I went down to find out what the story was. The shop had closing down signs and everything was going really cheap. I met one girl there who said that she has been waiting since July for her sofa. The guy behind the desk made some excuse about the phones having an issue and said that the "Boss" guy wasn't there and he couldn't refund the money.

Ont eh way out I met one of their suppliers who said that he was waiting for money owed to him.

What can I do to get back my money before they go completely bust?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think your best bet would be to contact a solicitor and see what they advise. If the company is going into receivership or liquidation then there might not be much you can do.

If there was a supplier there looking for money owed then it's unlikely that the company are going to be getting anything new into stock (such as your sofa which is on order).

Did you pay the deposit with cash or credit card? If you paid by card then they should be able to recover the money for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Unfortunately it was by laser - which is effectively cash. Will contact solicitor and see what happens

Advertisement