Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ciaran500 wrote:
    New video :Dhttp://www.xboxyde.com/news_4236_en.html

Newish video showing the customization options: http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4234_en.html

Its really starting to look polished now but apparently they have delayed it a few weeks till the 8th June. I assume so it doesn't clash with the H3 beta. :(
    Last i read, on xbox.com, is that it was delayed to May 29th.

However, having just checked back there now, its release has been given the dreaded TBD!:mad:

The america version is still showing May 29th though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

According to Gamespot last friday it's out on the 1st of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Xtravision is saying 8th June aswell ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Cheers for the link Ciaran... downloading now. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

According to Gamespot last friday it's out on the 1st of May.

Damn those liars... Aside from being way too early, it's a monday...

I'm very excited about this, first was magnificent, this will be better and have achievements, win-win!! I've a garage planned already :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Games website still have it down for 25th of May release!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Anyone know if there bringing a demo out on the marketplace before its released in shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

keithkk16 wrote:
    Anyone know if there bringing a demo out on the marketplace before its released in shops?

Yep a demo was confirmed but a date wasnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Where did you play it? What tracks/cars were you using? Did you get full access to the game or just a quick run around a track?

We need details!

• Advertisement

Very nice,

I dunno why but something seems strange about the glowing brake discs. I've never noticed so many super-heated discs in so short a time.

Looks good though, I hope the AI is intelligent (I'm looking at you GT4!). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Fnz wrote:
    Very nice,

I dunno why but something seems strange about the glowing brake discs. I've never noticed so many super-heated discs in so short a time.

Thats the first thing I thought when watching that video. Fair enough brake discs heat up but not that much, it just looks plain stupid in what otherwise looks a very classy racer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Is it just me or is this video starting and stopping all the time. Sound is fine but the picture looks as if I'm trying to watch a streaming video on a 56k connection.:confused::confused:

Downloaded it twice via torrent link.Same both times. Right click/save as, was sooooooo slow.

Is it just me or is this video starting and stopping all the time. Sound is fine but the picture looks as if I'm trying to watch a streaming video on a 56k connection.:confused::confused:

Downloaded it twice via torrent link.Same both times. Right click/save as, was sooooooo slow.
    Play fine for me. :confused:

Were you still sharing the file data with other bittorrent users? Maybe the file you were trying to watch was being accessed by your bittorrent client program.

Dave6195 wrote:
    Thats the first thing I thought when watching that video. Fair enough brake discs heat up but not that much, it just looks plain stupid in what otherwise looks a very classy racer.
    I'll be happy if this is our greatest criticism of the game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

Dave6195 wrote:

They glow like that because they are using carbon fibre brake disks. This happens at most corners on a F1 car as well.

I though it looked very realistic IMHO.

Later,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Darn that vid looks sweat! hope a demo is out soon.

Fnz wrote:

Were you still sharing the file data with other bittorrent users? Maybe the file you were trying to watch was being accessed by your bittorrent client program.

Thought that myself alright,so shut down Azureus and pulled the wireless card from my laptop but still the same.:confused::confused:

More new media released, the demo must be soon :D

8470003di4.jpg

New video http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4252_en.html (less glowing brakes in this one :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

priewew of the game here

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    More new media released, the demo must be soon :D

Forza 2 demo officially confirmed.

Still no date.:mad: :mad:

Cheers for the preview link Scruff. I wonder if arcade mode will have the same physics as career mode... or will they make it more 'drifty'.
    teamxbox wrote:
    Regional Rarity will determine the availability and cost of your given stable of fine automobiles.....

To make it easy, Japanese car fanatics choose Asia, Odd-ball European exotic fans choose Europe, and muscle-heads and those looking for the widest array of international offerings should choose North America.
    Now I don't know what region to choose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Firstly, keep track of the game's development with weekly updates from the official Forza site. I will most likely post each update here but if not here is the link.

Official Forza Site

Here is the official game cover:

2015165975.jpg

Here are a few screenshots of what the game will looks like. These were taken from E3 and the Tokyo Gameshow last year.

2015263280.jpg

2015263255.jpg

2015170010.jpg

2015165973.jpg

There has also been a couple of videos released all of which can be found here:

Physics Trailer
    Physics Trailer SD
    Physics Trailer HD

Customisation Trailer
    Customisation Trailer SD
    Customisation Trailer HD

In-Game Video
    In-Game Multiplayer Video
    Forza 2 HD Japan vs. America
    Forza Motorsport 2 "Unremarkable"

Just thought you guys couls use this a reference for most of the information which has been released. THe images are slightly dated but I can update them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Really looking forward to this .... teh demo was supposed to be April according to most of the website I read ...ah well , hopefully not too long more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Now I don't know what region to choose!

It was the same in the original game..?

The official site has stopped accepting new members. [Linky]
    kaimera wrote:
    It was the same in the original game..?
    I didn't have the original or own an Xbox. Just played a friend's copy a bit... and liked it more than Gran Turismo... for the competition had "AI" and the game was more exciting to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ah ok, ya you chose which region to start with and if affects the type of cars avilable and the prices of them.

Excellent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

The wait for this demo is driving me insane.

Just got the offical wheel for €90 on ebay, I'm ready for this now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Pah! Picked mine up in Argos for 120e last weekend - unbelievably they seem to be the cheapest anywhere including the online stores.

Advertisement