Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Trev M wrote:
    The wait for this demo is driving me insane.

Over on Forzamotorsport.net on their forums,they have a rather large thread titled "Demo date is now known" (ish)

Mods won't give an exact day but reading through it seems to point at this friday. They say we'll be playing it by the weekend.

Happy reading:D :D

Hope to god it's all true.

Parts of the U.S. are getting the demo tonight. Page 82 of the thread states
    Demo is definitely hitting tonight -- but it'll be pretty painful for east coasters.

Trying to pin down an exact time.

Keeping an eye on things to see if they update on a European release time. Friday maybe:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just a heads up - Forza 2 demo is up on xbox live now

Darwin wrote:
    Just a heads up - Forza 2 demo is up on xbox live now

....and the download is taking aaaaaagggggggeeeeeeeesssssss. Servers must be at melting point. 700mb file, 1/2 hour downloading and only at 68%. :(

Work will have to wait.:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Sweet baby jesus of nazarus ... thats great news :D

Can't wait to get home and play the demo.

Initial feedback not looking good from some of the forums (ropey graphics, unrealistic handling), will hold judgement until I've played it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Ahh jaysus I dont think I'll manage to keep my sanity of this turns out to be a bag of crap Ive been anticipating this one for ages...whahhaahhahaha ..someone post and tell me its great ? Someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I got it and love it. The handling feels realistic although I don't drive and I can't see anything wrong with the graphics. It looks just like all the ingame shots we've been shown.

Cheers Ciaran , how many tracks and cars?

• Advertisement

1 track Mugello and 24 cars

Don't really know what else to say about it, damgae looks good but a little limited, it sounds great and there is a scary amount of telemetry information available.

Thats great , thanks for the info , stuck in work....its gonna be a long day... 24 cars , thats sweet...I read that was gonna be the case but thought it was a lot!

They're split into 3 classes (C, A & R2) with 8 in each

EDIT: Apparently the demo is set to arcade, which could explain some complaints about the handling.

Ahh, hopefully that explains the handling, I was thinking it is way to easy to lock up the brakes and the handling round bounds seems a bit off (I'm using to playing GTR 2 on PC).

Had a few laps this morning. Graphics look fine to me,only complaint is that the cars look a bit too shiny ie the Mercedes SLR instead of looking silver it looks more like highly polished chrome. Handling seemed fine via controller,can't wait to hook up the steering wheel later.
    What impressed me the most was the sound. I've seen some of the videos released by the developers and they weren't lying about the effort they made on the audio. I just had sound via the TV so I reckon it'll sound damn sweet on a proper audio system.
    Roll on june for the full release.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Havent played it but from what i read on another forum people seem pretty divided by it. Some were saying its not even as good looking as PGR3, and the car models are muck. Opinion seems divided so far anyway. ill judge for myself when i download it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I gotta get home to try this out!!

Roll on 5 Bells :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Just downloaded it there and had a go I think that the graphics are excellent but the cars seem to be very shiny the ones I have driven think its because the sun is on the car though..The sound is good and like the way you can hear the crowd whistle and cheer as you drive by :D Cant wait to see the full version it should be good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wasnt too impressed, thought GT HD on the PS3 was better. But then again I don't really like racing games.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's good, but not brilliant. I expected more. (but I expected a LOT;) )
    The cars look well, a bit shiny but nice :D

I felt the handling was a bit off, but after a few laps I am getting used to it.

Looking forward to the full game with more cars and some NON Arcade races.

Overall I'm happy

Mik

• Advertisement

Turn off all driving aids and this becomes a whole different game. You feel like you have complete control over the car and is much more challenging. I will be buying this on release :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Will pick it up on release also! I thought it was very good. 5.1 is exemplary, When I shifted gears I heard the click coming from behind me in the Gallardo! Graphics are ok, not great tbh, but it’s the gameplay and it’s structure that’s making me buy this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Graphics are ok, not great tbh, but it’s the gameplay and it’s structure that’s making me buy this!!!

Completely agree here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I find the graphics to be a big meh. Playing on 720p through component on an S series Bravia, and almost every line on the cars models are broken. Will try through VGA I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Turn off all driving aids and this becomes a whole different game. You feel like you have complete control over the car and is much more challenging.

Yeah seconded especially with the wheel. Learning the use just the right amount of power with a certain car coming out of corners is really satisfying.

The damage in the demo is set to arcade. It can be set to sim in the full game and then the damage you recieve affects the cars performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The click when u change gears sounds like someones clicking a pen behind you... Its good but not great, having never played the first to me its Grand tourismo on the Xbox. Only i prefaired GT..

GFX are grand, better than PGR, sound is good but u really need to adjust all the levels to get it right. Gameplay, i like it cause its totally different to PGR, takes a while to get used to the cars, u really get the feel weight n that as u go into a corner.. Never really got that n PGR

unklerosco wrote:
    Its good but not great, having never played the first to me its Grand tourismo on the Xbox. Only i prefaired GT..

Interesting would you like to elaborate? Is it just the pure driving mechanic you preferred or what?

Not a fan boy or anything just want to hear your opinion. I'm not great at driving games. I don't have a delicate enough touch for it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I find the graphics to be a big meh. Playing on 720p through component on an S series Bravia, and almost every line on the cars models are broken. Will try through VGA I guess.

Spanner, component sucks ass..........VGA is the way!!!

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Spanner, component sucks ass..........VGA is the way!!!

Seriously is vga better than the component as I have both and have been using the component

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Apprently they fixed any vga problems with this most recent dashboard update too.

Advertisement