Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Parking

Options
  • 24-04-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

~Does anyone know where the free parking around DIT aungier st is?{PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I don't think their is anywhere, but I could be wrong. I'm in Kevin Street, and all the parking meters around there are €2 an hour AFAIK. St. Stephens green car park charged me over €20 before for a days parking. Never again. If I were you, I'd either cycle or take the bus/Luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I know where it is and a few others but to be honest, if we went around telling everyone then it would always be full :) Just pay the €2 like everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Lorax wrote:
    I know where it is and a few others but to be honest, if we went around telling everyone then it would always be full :) Just pay the €2 like everyone else
    Well if I ever find out where the free parking spots are I'll make a point of spreading it around to as many people as I can just in spite of this post here in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

hey i work around here and there is no free parking spaces anywhere immediatly around kevin st area, there are a few places just off clanbrassil street where there are some small housing estates/roads, i dont use them myself but i believe the residents can get very touchy about it. so basically at your own risk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Binomate wrote:
    Well if I ever find out where the free parking spots are I'll make a point of spreading it around to as many people as I can just in spite of this post here in particular.

it's a bit harsh alright, but "free parking" is very limited around the area, and the more people you tell about it, the harder it becomes to get a space

as ZygOte said OP, there are spaces available, you just have to look hard enough and think about where your gonna park, make sure your not gonna annoy the residents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

but is there spaces to park around all the flats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the problem is you will end up coming back to a free space though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They have their own clamping / towing service (it comes under the council's Estates Department, not Roads and Traffic).

Expect to be at least egged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Indeed there is free parking for a good portion of the day about a 10min walk from Kevin St. Though the times would make it awkward for alot of people.

The funny thing is that people park on the double yellows opposite it as no one seems to realise they can park there.

i think i found free parking right beside Aungier St at the flats on the right of the college...but im scared to park in the flats do they care?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Don't know the Kevin St. area but check if the multi storeys have a student rate. The one beside Bolton St. has all day parking for €10 student rate/ €13 real people. At this time of year when I don't leave the college till around 8pm it workds out waaay cheaper than on street parking. My car got broken into on street last year, never again!!

you cant park in the flats..I GOT CLAMPED TODAY!

you cant park in the flats..I GOT CLAMPED TODAY!

lol, did ya not see the big huge sign saying something like "Permit Parking - Residents Only - Clamping in Operation" ? How much was the fine?

Binomate wrote:
    I'll make a point of spreading it around to as many people as I can

Which is exactly why people like you will never know.

Lorax wrote:
    Which is exactly why people like you will never know.
    Wrong.

Right.

Lorax wrote:
    Right.
    Left.

Down.

Up.

Left again.

• Advertisement

Lorax wrote:
    Left again.
    Diagonally right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Lads... the area around Aungier St. etc isn't very big ... why not go for a ramble/drive and find the free parking for yourselves?

Ya wont find it, its not like theres a huge sign saying "FREE PARKING FOR DIT STUDENTS HERE"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Jeez lorax, your being so much of an ass about it im half tempted to tell just to spite you.

Go ahead then, tell everyone :cool: I'm callin your bluff..

The place isn't that big. I cycle or luas it so I've nothing to lose, I'm tempted to find it and tell everyone, and oh, I will find it... it's what us annoying journalists do you see, it's what we do.

Or was that traffic wardens? I can never remember what I'm studying.

If you found it Lorax then I'm sure it's not impossible

it's not just a matter of finding one place, there's several of them, all with varying degree's of morality required, some places you can park no problem, but you'll be right outside someone's front door (i feel too guilty for these ones), other places you wont be anywhere near someone's house, it all depends

So if there are loads of places why is Lorax referring to it in the singular,I'm all suspicious :) ? Yup, I'm sure there are loads of places to park, sure there's plenty of residential areas nearby, just thought there might be one spot with a load of spaces.

What happens if you don't get one space, do you dive back into the traffic to get to another one?

all depends on your personal knowledge and experience, when i started driving into college, i didnt know about the place in which i park now, but you gradually figure out these things

/does quick mental count....

there's probably about 5/6 places i can think of, 3 of which i use on a regular basis, i have backup plans, if i dont get a space one place, i move to the next one.

• Advertisement

What about the parking place under Aungier St. ? Is that staff only or is it expensive or whats the deal?

Advertisement