Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CubeCart & Realex?

Options
  • 24-04-2007 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I've decided to go with CubeCart to develop a site for a client.

Does anybody have any experience using CubeCart with Realex?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

This might not help you too much as I've never used CubeCart but since no one else has replied I figured what the heck. Now it's been over a year since I've had anything to do with Realex but the procedure below was the way I did it. Hopefully things haven't changed too much.
    I used Realex to integrate with both off-the-shelf solutions and in one situation, a custom built E-Commerce solution. In all cases, the procedure was the same.

Firstly a HTML template was required so that the credit card input page can be made to look like your site. If you have access to the Realex documentation, you'll see that they require an SHA1 string to be generated from various values that make up the order (stuff like the total and the order id). This hash string and the various values are sent to Realex as hidden form fields. They then work their voodoo and send back a hash string which you then check to see if the operation authenticated. They also send back a result code.

That's basically the process. I found it painless when I was trying to implement it for the first time. As long as you are comfortable with HTML and whatever language CubeCart is written in, you should be fine. I did find that their support team were very helpful in supplying test credit card numbers and also in answering any queries that I had.

Advertisement