Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E65

• 24-04-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭

I am considering on getting a sim free Nokia E65 sent to me from Japan. Will there be any trouble using the phone over here? Im on the the Vodafone network.
    Has anyone any expierence of usung phones bought in Japan or any other country in that region?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Hi Steelbar, I have been searching for info on the E65 and came across this thread...did you have the phone sent to you from Japan & if so how have you found it...had any trouble with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Make sure it is SIM free and unlocked, and not tied to any Japanese network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Hi, I know you are vodafone but just to make you aware that O2 will be introducing it on their network in the next month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

yes it will be introduced shortly, pending variant/branding setup etc etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Seamu$ wrote:
    Hi Steelbar, I have been searching for info on the E65 and came across this thread...did you have the phone sent to you from Japan & if so how have you found it...had any trouble with it?

I ended up getting one sim free form the uk, its not too bad,has great features but the battery is questionable.

Its a good size, smaller and thinner than the 6680.

As i got one of the first releases i did have to send it back for a software update. The nokia software updater that you can get off the internet wouldnt reconise it.
    Now i only got it back this morning, so will have to give it a few days to see if the problem is fixed (it used to cut out on me during calls,but would say on on stand by for days)

On the phone, it looks great, has a decent camera, with no flash.A good screen, and the Wi Fi is handy. havnt got round to using the VoIP, considering i havnt had it fot the last 3 weeks...
    Its got decent size buttons and are easy to use if you have big fingers like me!!

Mine didnt come with a memory card, but i got a 2 gig micro SD card off ebay delivered for €24.Vodafone are charging €60 for a 1 gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Thanks for the info steelbar, might wait until some of the teething issues have been resolved but it looks a good cheaper & smaller alternative to the N95. I thought it would be available from Vodafone at this stage though.

Glad you think the camera is ok, it seems to be the thing most reviews comment negatively on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

fisab wrote:
    Hi, I know you are vodafone but just to make you aware that O2 will be introducing it on their network in the next month or so.

out with x-series on three first of the month

Seamu$ wrote:
    Thanks for the info steelbar, might wait until some of the teething issues have been resolved but it looks a good cheaper & smaller alternative to the N95. I thought it would be available from Vodafone at this stage though.

Glad you think the camera is ok, it seems to be the thing most reviews comment negatively on!

Its a 2 meg camera,whis does, but you really do miss the flash.

The worst part of the phone in my opinion is the battery,hopefully the software update will resolve it, mind you i doubt it.

Was talking to a Vodafone rep and he said that it was in the testing phase, so god knows how long that will take,and knowing vodafone they will limit some of the phones functions......

Best of luck with the shopping Seamu$,let me know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

The E65 is Currently available from Vodafone €399 rtg and €199 + vat on an up grade.. As of yesterday it is available on the O2 network...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Hi any idea where you can get E65 from Vodafone as an upgrade for €199. Its not on the website and carephone warehouse say they can get it for €399 ONLY either as an upgrade or new connection

I am in Galway...cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Just got one in sim free. Looks pretty cool. Haven't seen it in the shops yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Hi any idea where you can get E65 from Vodafone as an upgrade for €199. Its not on the website and carephone warehouse say they can get it for €399 ONLY either as an upgrade or new connection

I am in Galway...cheers

Dont Know about Galway..I presume that every Vodafone store has them..My local Oyster shop has them .. I'm in Kildare,,

Well mine is still acting up so its going back, has anyone else had problems? It keeps cutting out during calls.

Advertisement