Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Reveal (Possible Spoiler Warning)

• 24-04-2007 5:38pm

What are the best reveals in Lost so far?

For me one of the best was when it was revealed that Locke has been in a wheelchair. I remember actually gasping at the screen which is nothing I had done before.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I find it so hard to remember my emotions that far back!

Locke in a wheelchair was great, the Others little village, what was inside the Hatch... I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ben coming forward on the pier, still all cuts and bruises from his time with the losties, to show he was pretty much the leader of the others!

Finding out how Locke ended up in the chair in the first place was good too, that reveal blindsided me as much as Cooper blindsided Locke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Locke been in the wheelchair.
    The opening of season 2 when you realised it was the hatch and same in season 3 when you realised we were in othersville

and the future reveal when we see Vincent is in fact Jacob :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yep, it was the Locke reveal that got me gripped on the show. It was so well done as we didn't really find out until the very end of the episode for what would normally be quite an obvious reveal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Yep, it was the Locke reveal that got me gripped on the show

Same here.

Also: the numbers been on the hatch at the end of Ep 18, my jaw hit the floor.

And the aforementioned first episodes of season 2 and 3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

A great time for me was when they realised that Ethan was an imposter and also when Ethan met Claire/Charlie in the jungle. Did you see his face, man he looked like a freaking physco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

logik wrote:
    A great time for me was when they realised that Ethan was an imposter and also when Ethan met Claire/Charlie in the jungle. Did you see his face, man he looked like a freaking physco
    Yeah. Funny considering any time we've seen him after s1, he seems the decent sort. Almost too nice if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I liked the reveals that showed the cross links in the characters pasts.

The one where Libby appeared at the end of Hurley's episode in the psych facility was a definite favourite of mine. And then of course they had to kill her off a week later.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

The one where Libby appeared at the end of Hurley's episode in the psych facility was a definite favourite of mine.

Same here. I thought the way we finally found out whose door Christian Shephard had been knocking on when he had Ana Lucia chauffeuring him around Sydney suburbs was cool too, I'd completely forgotten about that until Par Avion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Yep, it was the Locke reveal that got me gripped on the show. It was so well done as we didn't really find out until the very end of the episode for what would normally be quite an obvious reveal.

When C4 showed WalkAbout, they introduced it something like 'and now its Lost, where we see how one of the crash survivors has miraclously recovered the use of his legs since landing on the island'. :eek:

I remember being so glad that I'd watched it on RTE first, like a lot of people the reveal at the end stunned me and got me hooked.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Funny considering any time we've seen him after s1, he seems the decent sort. Almost too nice if anything.

Yeah mate, and when people are just too nice, in all likelihood they are hiding something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

When C4 showed WalkAbout, they introduced it something like 'and now its Lost, where we see how one of the crash survivors has miraclously recovered the use of his legs since landing on the island'. :eek:

lmfao :D:D:D

Did that really happen? wooops! :)

Discovering Henry Gale was a dead black guy, and that Sayid had gone to the bother of exhuming him to prove Ben was a liar!

upmeath wrote:
    Discovering Henry Gale was a dead black guy, and that Sayid had gone to the bother of exhuming him to prove Ben was a liar!

That was a really nice twist too.

I also liked when it turned out that Michael had become a bad guy .. when he shot AnaL and Libby. I re-watched that episode and remembered how much of a shock it was. Or when they found Libby and she came back to life. I remember jumping at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Haha, yeah, or was it something about "wheelchair bound Locke"?
    when he shot AnaL
    teehee:D

when he shot AnaL

roflmao, great way of putting it. I was so happy when she was do away with.

Or when they found Libby and she came back to life. I remember jumping at that.

Is there something I missed?

upmeath wrote:
    Is there something I missed?

When they found the bodies, they checked AnaL to see if she was alive; which she wasn't. Sawyer was bent beside Libby checking her pulse and then suddenly she spurts out blood.

When they found the bodies, they checked AnaL to see if she was alive; which she wasn't. Sawyer was bent beside Libby checking her pulse and then suddenly she spurts out blood.

God would you believe I watched that episode 3 or 4 times yet I don't remember her coming back from the dead! Silly upmeath...

Or where the smoke scanned Eko and Eko didn't seem scared. The best part of that was when you froze that scene and could actually see what the smoke had extracted from Eko's mind.

• Advertisement

#Elites wrote:
    oh and Ana Lucia shooting Syaids girl!

lol shannon did wreck peoples heads alright, moaning about everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Only started watching lost about 3 months ago, but have seen every single episode bar I think one in season 1.

Ok I'd seen bits and pieces on tv before, like I knew when they captured Ben that he was lying because I'd seen bits of the beginning of Season 3 and knew he was one of the 'bad guys'.

But as soon as I saw the first episode, within the first few minutes you see Locke lying on the beach and he looks down at his feet... I just knew that he used to be in a wheelchair. Didn't think many people would have been that shocked when they found out.

Only started watching lost about 3 months ago, but have seen every single episode bar I think one in season 1.

Ok I'd seen bits and pieces on tv before, like I knew when they captured Ben that he was lying because I'd seen bits of the beginning of Season 3 and knew he was one of the 'bad guys'.

But as soon as I saw the first episode, within the first few minutes you see Locke lying on the beach and he looks down at his feet... I just knew that he used to be in a wheelchair. Didn't think many people would have been that shocked when they found out.

And whats you overall thoughts on LOST as a show? You liking it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I didn't twig that he'd been in a wheelchair, I merely thought that he'd hurt his legs, or was finding it difficult to move them.

I didn't twig that he'd been in a wheelchair, I merely thought that he'd hurt his legs, or was finding it difficult to move them.

Yeah me also, i thought he had hurt he legs or that he had been paralyzed in the crash BUT we did find out very soon afterwards that he was paralyzed before he crashed on the island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I hadn't got a clue he was going to be in a wheelchair but I am terrible at spotting stuff like that. I watched that with someone who had already seen it and I was like that can't be right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

logik wrote:
    And whats you overall thoughts on LOST as a show? You liking it :)

Yeah it's pretty good. I guess I benefited from not having to wait a week to see each episode and years in between the breaks. I mean I didn't get pissed off with season 2 at all because although it was slow placed I watched the whole thing in about a week, so it didn't seem that way to me.

Yeah it's pretty good. I guess I benefited from not having to wait a week to see each episode and years in between the breaks. I mean I didn't get pissed off with season 2 at all because although it was slow placed I watched the whole thing in about a week, so it didn't seem that way to me.

That was like me when i started to watch the show. It was already on ep 10 "season 1" in America so i got them all and watched 3 a night sometimes :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I remember being shocked when Michael shot Libby & Ana-Lucia!

It was quite funny actually when my brother watched it on the PC after I had seen it, he paused it, ran into my room and shouted "Jesus! Michael just shot Ana-Lucia!!".

It was priceless waiting for him to go back into the room, press play again and hear his shock another few minutes later :P

• Advertisement

haha nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

The first Locke reveal is what got me hooked on the show. I'd missed the first few episodes but RTE were nice enough to show the first four again back to back to try and get more people into the show and as soon as I saw Walkabout, that was it. I was hooked.

But my favourite reveal was Desmond in the hatch at the beginning of Season 2. I remember actually checking the RTE guide to make sure I was watching the right show. And then I sat there gaping in shock for the next few minutes.

The Ethan one was the scariest without a doubt.

Advertisement