Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP thinking of buying AUDI A6 2.8 QUATTRO SILVER

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks nice. Cartell.ie it. Go get it looked at and examined. Only then bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭andyj22

Looks nice. Cartell.ie it. Go get it looked at and examined. Only then bid.

funny you should say that Cartell.ie it . As i already did and is all fine and i had my mechanic check it out and he says its perfect just needed to know is the A6 Quattro a good name is it the top of the range

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

andyj22 wrote:
    just needed to know is the A6 Quattro a good name is it the top of the range

The "Quattro" bit denotes permanent four wheel drive, i.e. Audi's quattro system.

From new it adds a good bit to the price and so usually only finds its way into top spec vehicles ...this one certainly is one of them, what with the V6, the leather , the wood , the annual road tax bill ....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a fupping manual! Leather, a/c, electric everything but a manual?

Points lost! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Have to agree with you here - the mind boggles when you see machines such as this with all the options on the list ticked and than there's a fricking manual box!!

If that doesn't bother you then it looks sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mike65 wrote:
    Its a fupping manual!
    :eek: and I was feeling enthused up to now! :(

Just spotted that the volt meter is showing 12v it should be about 13-13.5v

Mike.

A breathtaking beauty

just back from a test drive in the Audi A6 and what a beauty , the drive was perfection the 5 speed gear box was as nice and sweet. i wanted to buy there and then but the lady owner yes lady owner says she will leave the ebay auction run as she has 45 watching :( i really want this Audi and hope i win it the reserve she tells me is €6500 and for what i have seen its worth every single cent plus a lot more.

:(

andyj22 wrote:
    A breathtaking beauty

just back from a test drive in the Audi A6 and what a beauty , the drive was perfection the 5 speed gear box was as nice and sweet. i wanted to buy there and then but the lady owner yes lady owner says she will leave the ebay auction run as she has 45 watching :( i really want this Audi and hope i win it the reserve she tells me is €6500 and for what i have seen its worth every single cent plus a lot more.

:(
    Well Andy, you know what you have to do!

Well Andy, you know what you have to do!

i know bid til i win i hope it don't go over my budget
    i also have plans as to fit it up with big front and rear bumpers and sides as well like the A6 RS s

• Advertisement

andyj22 wrote:
    i also have plans as to fit it up with big front and rear bumpers and sides as well like the A6s
    :eek: explain please!

Pimp my Audi? Yikes! :D

The volt meter I mentioned earlier may have shown 12v as the engine might not have been running.

Mike.

:eek: explain please!

Like pictures but obversely in silver but tastefully done

andyj22 wrote:
    Each to his own I suppose. I prefer the subtlety of a powerful non-descript saloon.

(PS - you'd think she would have removed that football crap from the rear window before taking pics. I hate that shít in a car).

Each to his own I suppose. I prefer the subtlety of a powerful non-descript saloon.

(PS - you'd think she would have removed that football crap from the rear window before taking pics. I hate that shít in a car).

Yes i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looking good!
    Each to his own I suppose. I prefer the subtlety of a powerful non-descript saloon

Couldn't agree more there...
    peasant wrote:
    the annual road tax bill ....:D

Ah sure, the road tax is cheap on a car with only a small 2.8l engine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Both you and the car in rosscommon, that must have been fairly handy andy.

Adverts.ie TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭positron

andyj22 wrote:
    ...lady owner says she will leave the ebay auction run as she has 45 watching :(

Hopefully 44 curious boardies and yourself. Good luck! :D

Both you and the car in rosscommon, that must have been fairly handy andy.

Adverts.ie TBH.

very handy saves going to the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Points gained IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

no, manual in this class of car = points lost, definately...........

OP - I hope you've priced : Car Tax and Insurance.

With car tax at Eur 1033 p.a., you'll pay the full price or the car in 5 years (don't pay the asking price!!).

Get suspension bushes checked out completely. Complete set on that car, fitted is Eur1k.

Edit - just had a look: crumbs, it's a saloon..........oooer, I don't know that they're be that many people bidding earnestly at all. If it was an estate, it'd be more desirable. Eur 4k, anyone?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote:
    no, manual in this class of car = points lost, definately...........

OP - I hope you've priced : Car Tax and Insurance.

With car tax at Eur 1033 p.a., you'll pay the full price or the car in 5 years (don't pay the asking price!!).

Get suspension bushes checked out completely. Complete set on that car, fitted is Eur1k.

Edit - just had a look: crumbs, it's a saloon..........oooer, I don't know that they're be that many people bidding earnestly at all. If it was an estate, it'd be more desirable. Eur 4k, anyone?

Had my mechanic check the car from inside out bottom to top says car is A1 and well looked after and serviced by main Audi dealer i wish i could get it for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Assuming you are not the vendor's son/nephew/toyboy, why are you helping to advertise this car on Boards. If you want the car as badly as you say, better to keep schtum and hope as few people as possible place bids...
    andyj22 wrote:

You think a silver paintjob will magically make that hideous chav bodykit 'tasteful'?!??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

andyj22 wrote:

That bodykit is hideous :eek:

pburns wrote:
    Assuming you are not the vendor's son/nephew/toyboy, why are you helping to advertise this car on Boards. If you want the car as badly as you say, better to keep schtum and hope as few people as possible place bids...

You think a silver paintjob will magically make that hideous chav bodykit 'tasteful'?!??

Dam:eek:
    truthfully i never thought of that i just needed a bit advice on the A6 Quattro what am i like , ohwel just have to see what happens and hope i get it for a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

If you are going to run a 2.8 V6 Audi you should set aside a small suitcase full of Euros for the running costs. I had a 1997 2.8 V6 Cabriolet (manual - much better than an auto in my opinion) and managed a best of 29mpg with the average being around 25mpg. With an auto box I'd estimate this will be worse.

However considering that this car has been recently serviced and with new timing belt, water pump, tyres and "breaks" :) most of the potential financial horrors have all been taken care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

andyj22 wrote:
    i know bid til i win i hope it don't go over my budget
    i also have plans as to fit it up with big front and rear bumpers and sides as well like the A6 RS s

surely this is the body kit you want:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/161070.htm

Mc-BigE wrote:
    surely this is the body kit you want:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/161070.htm

i see what you mean , that is really tastefully nice thanks for that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I don't know the sellers circumstances, but doesn't it strike you as odd that someone living in Boyle travels to Naas for servicing. Have you verified the servicing with the dealer?

Might just be a commuter, but that'd bring the milage into question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ninty9er wrote:
    I don't know the sellers circumstances, but doesn't it strike you as odd that someone living in Boyle travels to Naas for servicing. Have you verified the servicing with the dealer?

Might just be a commuter, but that'd bring the milage into question
    I think the seller is a dealer.

Advertisement