Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP thinking of buying AUDI A6 2.8 QUATTRO SILVER

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

This nick appears to be dead, (last used on Stephens' day last).

adam01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭adam01

A Bit of advertising so what:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭adam01

kikel wrote:
    I love these threads. :D

thank you its people like me that makes good reading:p

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bye, bye, adam01 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

adam01 wrote:
    A Bit of advertising so what:D
    you left out one word Adam or Caroline, whatever your name is:

A Bit of FALSE advertising

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done lads, great PI work there!!! Gud laugh reading it

That Piston heads site has some nice motors, a nice RS225 wud suit me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,759 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yop wrote:
    Well done lads, great PI work there!!! Gud laugh reading it

That Piston heads site has some nice motors, a nice RS225 wud suit me! ;)
    Poor PI if you ask me - not one suggestion to dump her and go on a holiday. NOT ONE!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Tauren wrote:
    Poor PI if you ask me - not one suggestion to dump her and go on a holiday. NOT ONE!!

His location is now in Spain so he is doing his best to get away from her!

Boyle, to Cork to Spain!! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Classic thread - some great dective work there :D

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

HA HA, DELIGHTED, all that slyness and it didnt make reserve, finished at €2.5k

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170104607161&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:IE:12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Great work Lads !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Jessica Fletcher eat your friggen heart out.

Best thread Ive read in a long time. Well done Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Even after all the attention this Thread recieved, with amatuer detectives and advertising, the car looks like a bargain and if it's genuine, well, more power to the buyer.

Also, i can't belive some of the Users in here are complaining about the car not being a Automatic. OMG, automatics are for taxi drivers and people who don't know or can change gears at all.

YOU CAN'T DROP GEARS IN AN AUTO, BOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Don't agree with that neuro I have an auto, I do know how to change gear and I'll never go back to manual again and you can certainly drop gears in an auto, first off you can slap them back to 4th and 3rd with the tiptronic or whatever you call it then there's that little "frighten the bejayziz outta me" button under the accelerator.

And deffo off topic who or where the f*ck are you getting 14meg download from? and the 1.5 up is tasty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Sink your right foot down in an auto and i think you'll change your mind on that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can change gears manually on an auto box, its just not required. Unless towing up a steepish hill.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

automatics are for taxi drivers and people who don't know or can change gears at all.

:rolleyes: You're obviously not too familiar with autos.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Automatics are the new manuals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

Automatics are for old people and people who dont like driving because they take away the trill of changing gears and thats not just my opinion. Even the DSG(which has continuously been voted the best auto box in the world) gets flack from all the enthusist motorist magazines(evo, car, auto express) and all the journalists want the manual over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Disagree completely - I love my auto, and would say the "thrill" of changing gears (especially in traffic) is an overrated experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Disagree completely - I love my auto, and would say the "thrill" of changing gears (especially in traffic) is an overrated experience.

Another aul fella! I have an auto, wouldn't touch it if I lived outside the city. Handling is awful on corners, box is too slow. If I had a manual for it, I could use my gears to stabilise the corner.

Autos are not for enthusiastic drivers, purely for lazy (that's me), disabled or dis-interested drivers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The thrill has long since gone for me! (yes I'm 42! I live with it!!, bloody kids.etc ;) ).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

patsyh wrote:
    HA HA, DELIGHTED, all that slyness and it didnt make reserve, finished at €2.5k

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170104607161&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:IE:12

Ha ! Do I get a prize for closest suggested price (see earlier in the thread......) :D:D

OMG, if I see one more ill-informed comment from somebody who neither understand, let alone know and use, automatics, I'm going to start pressing the 'report' button..........:mad: :rolleyes:

FWIW, in competition, an old-fashioned manual gearchange-equipped car, hasn't won a WRC, F1 event in some time.........and as for Clarkson et al castigating 'flappy paddle gearchanges' etc, then remember this is a guy who spent 100k on a Ford..........which spends more time being repaired rather than run.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

automatic cars are only for wimmin and old people with bad knees. they use up way more petrol too.

If you can actually drive you should never get an auto, you may as well, i dunno, wear a pink dress and say "i'm a lady, don't you know".

;)

EDIT: Anyway, i though clarkson canceled the GT and went for a lambo instead.

Tauren, well on one count you're right - I have bad knees :D

On the other, you're dead wrong. My DSG Golf used LESS juice than a manual over 10k kms........this is supported by any of the road tests.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

galwaytt wrote:
    FWIW, in competition, an old-fashioned manual gearchange-equipped car, hasn't won a WRC, F1 event in some time.........and as for Clarkson et al castigating 'flappy paddle gearchanges' etc, then remember this is a guy who spent 100k on a Ford..........which spends more time being repaired rather than run.........

there is a huge difference between SMG/DSG type manuals and bog standard auto boxes.

SMG/DSG 'flappy paddles' give all the control of a manual, with some of the upsides of an auto. i.e stick it into auto and the manual gearbox will simulate an auto.

I have yet to drive an auto of any shape or form that is even nearly as satisfying as a manual or a DSG/SMG.

That said if i was stuck in traffic every day I'd probably be very happy to drive an auto but it's not a case of 'knowing how to use an auto' there isn't much more to it than sticking it into D, releasing the parking brake and accelerating, and it in no way offers the same driving satisfaction as a manual to thiose who enjoy putting the foot down the odd time (IMO).

back OT I'm delighted the Audi didn't meet it's reserve! Bloody chancer, good detective work lads.

galwaytt wrote:
    Tauren, well on one count you're right - I have bad knees :D

On the other, you're dead wrong. My DSG Golf used LESS juice than a manual over 10k kms........this is supported by any of the road tests.
    OH COME ON! look at the ;) LOOK AT IT! why would i be winking! think about it man!

M current car is a manual, and i am currently loking to buy a 'new' car. While i wouldn't specifically look for a manual, i wouldn't say no if the car i wanted came by at the right price as an auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

both my parents bmws are auto one 5 series diesel and one 3 series petrol, i hated them both compared to, what i felt was, the sportier manual gear change of my 3 series petrol.

then i discoved that by sticking the stick to the left and engaging sports mode an auto can be much better to drive, holds the revs much longer and doesnt move up and down gears all the time

im a convert at 26!

Tauren - ok, missed that, mea culpa :)

Victor - I'm aware of the differences, owning both.........but a lot of it is down to people. Fr'instance, I know someone who has an 06 DSG and doesn't like it.

OTH, my wife hates auto's. Correction, hated. Until I got one, now she hates manuals !! :D

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
Advertisement