Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps and Ireland

• 24-04-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

I just went on to Google Maps on my net browser, and I saw the coverage of Ireland has got way better. Ireland's coverage used to be pretty bad but now all the towns seem to be filling in on it. What do you all think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Jakkass wrote:
    I just went on to Google Maps on my net browser, and I saw the coverage of Ireland has got way better. Ireland's coverage used to be pretty bad but now all the towns seem to be filling in on it. What do you all think of it?

I had quick looks at galway was that updated it is quite clear, I looked on the google keyhole couldn't find anything to say they were updated or which towns have been done, perhaps we could compile our own list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Pity Google Earth is still so poor.. as a teacher I'd love to have full coverage of Ireland.. It'd be the business to have in the classroom.

I noticed a new nortwesterly trail of clear detailed coverage from Cork to Limerick and on to Clare lately. Just shows the potential thats there, its clarity in that area is excellent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It would be nice if they had good coverage of Louth - Dundalk, Drogheda etc.

Maybe one day though, it can only get better with time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

just noticed my place in tallaght is updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

yeah its mostly the cities that are clear. Some product was made in britain with all the aerial images and google just got all their images from them thats why everywhere in britain is so clear. you can even buy a copy of the product that you can load into flight simulator so you can fly over real britain :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

a big swade of meath navan to drogheda has been updated, a couple of months back but worth mentioning, very high quality although some cloud cover

Advertisement