Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenGL Help?

Options
  • 24-04-2007 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

EDIT:I should point out that I am able to do the actual code its just that I am not sure of what I should write for this question tomorrow. I get how to make a room in openGL for example, but, the more I read the more confused I am over this simple question.

Ok, heres the deal. I got an exam in openGL tomorrow. I have gone over most the maths and I am sort of set for the exam now. I know I have left this late, but, I am hoping that one of you lot might be able to give me a few lines to explain the question.

I have been bashing my head at openGL (projects etc.) for a while now and I find that there just isn't a huge amount of help on the web unlike C++ coding for example. My notes don't seem to explain it very clearly so I just need someone to tell me "well one is this and the other is this so the difference is this". I can't learn it if I don't have the answer :/

Below are some of the sample questions for the exam. In particular question 1 (a) and (b). I think I might know the answers but I am unable to find any sample answers or through google for the past few days, a clear answers to these two questions.

If anyone out there could give me a sample answer to these two questions it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a fairly good idea about question 2 although I haven't done notes on it yet. So if anyone feels like doing question 2 that would be great, but, it is the two parts to question one I would appreciate help with in particular.

Many thanks Wolf

1(a) Explain the function of the OpenGL ModelView and Projection matrices.

(b)State the 2 projection types in OpenGL, and how to define the viewing volume in each type? (i.e. mention the command, parameter, and comments on the possible range of values for the parameters.)

2. Write OpenGL code for a wheel with bolts: (x points)

• Each wheel will have 5 bolts equally spaced on the circumference of a circle (with a radius equal to half of the wheel radius).

• The wheel outline itself is achieved by a module called “DrawWheelOutline”. {just call it whenever needed}

• The centre of the wheel is at the origin.

• You are encouraged to support your answer with explanations on how did you think and achieve the resulting code.

Advertisement