Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live cancelled ? ?

• 24-04-2007 6:42pm

I got an email from Microsoft confirming that my Xbox live was cancelled on the 24th of april !! I never requested this . Anybody else have this problem ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

was your sub up ?

if it was it will have just changed you to a silver account and you can make it gold again at anytime .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Your subscription must have been up. Assuming you use a credit card, MS will try to charge your CC when your sub is up.

If it fails to charge the first time you should be notified to update your details. I think after a month of trying without success your account is locked and then cancelled.

Although this was the process with the original Xbox. On your 360 when your sub is up it should just revert your account to a silver membership. You should be able to ring MS back up to get your account back in action as it stays on their system for 30 days from the day of cancellation.

no i was paying monthly . I got a confirmation email to say it had ben cancelled ./

I contacted Xbox support about this when it happened. They have Blocked my gamer tag . The reason for this is my adress is not matching my payment details. So i fixed it with the lady on the phone and she said this has been escalated and i will get a call back. So i wait and i hear nothing.

I call up the next day and give them the reference number and they tell me that the address is incorrect so , i give my address again. She then told me it was escalated and that i am to recieve a call. She then told me that i should wait longer as it is 48 hours before i hear anything. I told her that we are now at the 52 hour mark and i have heard nothing. She asked me to give it till tonight for the phone back.

Well we are now on day 3 and i ring up again. They tell me that my own address is incorrect. I verify it with them and all is correct. So because i have been on 3 days now they are going to "escalate" it again and they i am to wait 72 hours . I told them that 72 hours is not an escalation, they told me that is the minimum time. I just hung up on them .

Making me mad !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'd bet 100 quid you were on to the Egyptian call centre. They're useless.

Keep calling back until you hear a german or eastern european accent on the other end. I'm not kidding, any calls to the Egyptian call centre are a complete waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'd bet 100 quid you were on to the Egyptian call centre. They're useless.

Keep calling back until you hear a german or eastern european accent on the other end. I'm not kidding, any calls to the Egyptian call centre are a complete waste of time.

Somebody should sticky that fact.

Never, NEVER, even bother talking to the Egyptian call center.
    They are beyond crap.

The Estonian, and German call centers are the only ones to use.
    The Estonian Center has a song by "Air" as waiting music, so it's easy to pick out.

Advertisement