Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 46 Full HD LCD in Croatia?

Options
  • 24-04-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi, I've been reading plenty in this forum about buying lcd tvs in Germany and I'm thinking of purchasing a 46 Sony LCD W series. However, I took a chance and looked in buy&sell online for one. I typed "sony 46" and got two ads. If you do this you'll see an add for a sony 46 W series for 1299! Anyway I emailed them and it turns out they're a company from Croatia selling worldwide. I haven't emailed them back yet but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything like this before. They also have a 52 Sharp 1080p LCD for around 1500!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Crazy prices!

What's their email address??

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

That looks about as ropey as it gets !!

They may be genuine , who knows , but I doubt it , no reputable business deals through an email address , do they have a website and if not why not !

That just looks to good to be true , those prices are way too cheap ,

Heres an example of a genuine site , and the prices are about as good as you get ,

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10924

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

mathias wrote:
    That looks about as ropey as it gets !!

...but I doubt it , no reputable business deals through an email address , do they have a website and if not why not !

......That just looks to good to be true , those prices are way too cheap ,

I 100% agree with you!

Thanks for the reply, think you're both right I'll stay well clear. Just heard today that Sony are bringing out an updated version of the W series soon but haven't heard anything about price or spec. Just wondering did anybody hear anything on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Are you referring to the X series?

Huge thread over on AV Forums about this http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331883

No, supposedly Sony bring out two new models each year to cater for summer and Christmas markets. Got info from a person that works for an electrical retailer and he cant take any more orders for W series because he couldn't guarantee stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah they are bringing out a T-series, D-series and then a new version of the w-series.

new version of the w series (unnamed as yet) will have 3 HDMIs 1080p yada yada yada.

the T & D series will be replaces for the S and V series, respectively.

moe

Advertisement