Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memo of association and Articles of Association

Options
  • 24-04-2007 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey guys,

if anyone can help on this I'd really appreicate it. I am looking to set up a company (which we would eventually be looking to applu for charity status) but to open a bank account we need to have a memo of association and articles of association. Can someone please tell me if I would need a solicitor to do this? or can we do it ourselves?

any advice would be great!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

they are faily standard to knock up if you wanna PM me your email address i'll email you a copy from an old music company i used to run which will give you a good basis to start from if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

miju wrote:
    they are faily standard to knock up if you wanna PM me your email address i'll email you a copy from an old music company i used to run which will give you a good basis to start from if nothing else

I'm in a similar position. Would appreciate an opportunity to see an example. PM sent. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

in similar position to OP and would also be interested in an example of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You guys will put those solicitors out of business. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We went through http://www.companysetup.ie (recommended by another person here), and found them pretty good. Well worth the cash for all the time it saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭cassette50

If your going for charitable status, you'll need a set of M+A's for a guarantee company without a share capital.

These will be different from the standard set of M+A's for a limited company.

You can pick up a copy of suitable M+A's from the Company Shop on Dame Street or King Inn Law Stationary shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You should certainly get the standard ones, but really, if you need to apply for charitable status, you may need something a bit specialized and it may be worth talking to a solicitor familiar with that sort of stuff.

Have a look at the memorandum and articles of some other similar companies on the CRO website (2 euros a go to have a look).

Advertisement