Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mobile phone help!!

• 24-04-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi i wonder if any one can help?,
    i just bought a samsung d900 from adverts its branded vodafone, but its from the uk .
    I went to the samsung website where i downloaded the mms settings and wap settings for vodafone here but it still dont work!
    I was on to vodafone they sent me settings for the e900, because they dont have anything on the d900. still nothing..but i sent myself a mms from another fone before i got the settings and got the message saying go to vodafone.ie to view the message etc, when i downloaded the new settings the message came through and when i went to retrive the pic attached it comes back sayin "invaild argument"???, any help would be great.
    Gregg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

djgregg, the Helpdesk forum is for technical and issues with the website. Moved your thread to Mobiles & PDAs forum. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pop into a Vodafone store and see if they can configure it for you manually, or see if they'll go through them manually over the phone.

Try loading www.google.ie or something on the phone instead of Vodafone Live - it detects if it's not a Vodafone IE phone and blocks you.

Also, try the settings in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106942 manually too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 djgregg

Thanks i'll give it a go, :D

djgregg wrote:
    Thanks i'll give it a go, :D

i tried but no luck , same message with live "error network unavailable" and mms "invaild argument" or it just keeps saying receiving but 10 mins later nothing!!, maybe i'll try a vodafone shop, the help desk couldn't do any though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

When you entered the settings are you sure you activated them as the default?

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    When you entered the settings are you sure you activated them as the default?

yep still nothing.

djgregg wrote:
    yep still nothing.
    i got the vodafone live working but no luck with mms ....anybody >??? i keep getting the same message invalid argument!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If the d900 is imode it wont work as a gprs or wap phone, you can only send and receive mms etc via imode. I had this problem with my first samsung imode phone.

edit: tho imode is solely o2 here... so disregard what i just said :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AdamCW2k5

can anybody help me, iam trying to to do the same thing with my samsung d900i, same as d900 just fm radio on the vodaphone uk network, in the south of england !

could anybody help me configer my wap etc.. like mentioned above

im getting the error : network unavalible error !

Advertisement