Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable Chaos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Vainglory wrote:
    Fan-bloody-tastic.

I did have four exams in five days, then a five day break until my last two exams.

Now, I have five exams in six days, and a five day break until my last ONE exam.

Not to mention that I can't watch the election now on the 25th - as I have an exam that day and an exam the next day as well (that I didn't have before).

Inconsiderate bastards!

*HUG*

If I don't have one of my 4 as-yet unscheduled practicals on the 25th you can be on the "update list", which consists of me sitting in front of the tv with laptop + eventually running out of webtexts. For whatever reason I'm the one who always ends up doing these sort of things*...

*refers to my status as status as the solitary watcher at the last class rep election count, another big webtexting day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Ok I've got an on campus exam on Sat 19th from 9:30am-11:30am
    Followed by an RDS exam at 12pm

Does this count as a clash??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

What is the legal time that you are allowed between exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

I doubt it's "legislated for".

Can we just all go down there now? Who's around? Can we kill them?

/semi-joking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Boo on exams on the 26th! I was looking forward to being a total loser on the 25th waiting for election results. :( It does break up my 11 day gap though.

• Advertisement

In reality, what will happen is that I'll sit in front of the TV watching the election all day on the 25th with my Crusades lecture notes on my lap, making me feel better even though I won't glance at them all day but still keep them there for "moral support".

Sigh.

Actually, what am I talking about? I don't have any Crusades lecture notes! So that solves that problem.

I may be going a little mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

That'll probably be me too. I reckon if it was any exam other than the Crusades I might get a bit of study done - but it's so feckin boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

At least you'll be around on the 25th. I've exams from 9.30-12.30 and 6.30-9.30 in blackrock so i'll be in blackrock for over 12 hours. Boo!
    I live too far away to go home in between.

That makes me feel marginally better about my own situation. :o

I really, truly hate the exams office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Vainglory wrote:
    That makes me feel marginally better about my own situation. :o

I really, truly hate the exams office.

I hate them...I have 5 exams in 2 1/2 days. :mad:

That's outrageous. Maybe we should revisit that "killing them" option.

The Union should be bringing a world of **** down on top of them for this cock up.

Now they have changed strategy to 15th may, its so BLOODY annoying as it was on the 30th may and i havent even started studying.UCD are a bunch of a**holes.

Are they still changing it now? I mean, has it changed from the one that went up at about 7:30pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Strategy which was in week 3, is now in week 1....and look at this

Tues 15th - Strategy 9-12, Public International 12-2

No break between 2 finals

A lot of my timetable is like that.

Balls

TheVan wrote:

Balls

Same as me i have 9-12 then 12-3 then the next morning at 9-12

then a week later its the same story 3 exams in 2 days.I think its too much and should be spread equally over the 3 weeks that are for the exams.

TheVan wrote:

Balls

They absolutely cannot ask you to do that. 5 hours of finals in a row? Total bollox. Kick up murder.

Vainglory wrote:
    They absolutely cannot ask you to do that. 5 hours of finals in a row? Total bollox. Kick up murder.

i think they can, i know a guy doing 7 1/2 hours exams in 1 day :eek: , there his finals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Vainglory wrote:

Oh I will....and I advise anyone else in Finals to do the same.

No offence to those not doing finals but we really gotta get priority at this stage!

TheVan wrote:
    Oh I will....and I advise anyone else in Finals to do the same.

No offence to those not doing finals but we really gotta get priority at this stage!

I dont think they will change anything at this stage.they bloody left it tooooo late

• Advertisement

Agreed. It shows how bad the timetabling is that mine actually appears fair in comparison to the examples you guys have given.

(in reality I'm most pissed off about not being able to watch the election coverage. meh, but five exams in six days still sucks and would never have happened under the old system).

There should be a coordinated "murder kick-up" though. From final years in our situation.

Vainglory wrote:
    Agreed. It shows how bad the timetabling is that mine actually appears fair in comparison to the examples you guys have given.

(in reality I'm most pissed off about not being able to watch the election coverage. meh, but five exams in six days still sucks and would never have happened under the old system).

There should be a coordinated "murder kick-up" though. From final years in our situation.

there should be, we should organise a riot on thurday in ucd :)
    especially outside the exams office

Or riot on Friday and combine it with last day of term "festivities".

Vainglory wrote:

Yeah lets do it, and get our voices heard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Vainglory wrote:

We really aught to do something

EDIT Anything that people may or may not plan shouldn't be done here, services read it. Pm r whateverrrrr

drdre wrote:
    Yeah lets do it, and get our voices heard :)

Pssht, who said that? What a load of rubbish ;)

When I was working in the Union, exam timetable problems happened, but nothing close to this scale. It was the sort of thing that could generally be sorted out for the few classes it affected with an email and a phonecall to exams.

But this is beyond farcical at this stage. There are too many **** ups, too many clashes, too many unrealistic expectations of students, and too many messes to be cleaned up like that.

I don't know what should be done but it's definitely beyond the email/phonecall/three bags full stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Despite everything I think my timetable has turned out marginally fair though to expect people to travel from Sci to Blackrock in an hour and a half at lunchtime is a farce. It's particularly stupid because the two exams are in the same subject (English) and are core courses which effect everyone which has to be at least 300 people. That's gonna be one overloaded 17.

I honestly do not understand how people can get away with doing their jobs this badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Ive exams on 15,17,19,21,28 of May and finally the first of June ,which is actually a savage timetable when you think about. Us final year mechs are lucky though because we've Prof Gilchrist on our side and he showed the exam office who was boss after they gave us a crap provisional timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Whilst I'm glad the science office sorted us out and went in house (for certain 4th year science subjects), the whole situation is nothing short of abysmal.

If jobs aren't lost over this, I seriously question UCDs credibility to administrate examinations.

Advertisement