Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable Chaos

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

Right so. Thanks UCD - I too will miss watching the election results. Anyone know exactly where the Science Block Edu/Res Hub is? I guess its in the Science Block but where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

GusherING wrote:
    Right so. Thanks UCD - I too will miss watching the election results. Anyone know exactly where the Science Block Edu/Res Hub is? I guess its in the Science Block but where?

Hub is the middle building of the science block

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

UCD are bastards, they changed strategy to 15th then changed it back to 30th.They said it was a error , it wasnt as we found out today.
    Asshole should lose their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

Vainglory wrote:
    I don't know what should be done but it's definitely beyond the email/phonecall/three bags full stage.
    Anyone for a v-techer on the exams unit? Lock the doors behind us, clean everyone out. It'd be great. A group of us could clean up in there!

"You made me want to do it"

If only.

Although, we could actually do it, but with water pistols, as a demonstration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I really can't believe that two irish exams are still missing this close to the start.

There are still lots of clashes with art history because as my lecturer said today they released the timetables to the students without letting the departments see and point out clashes.
    Why release a confirmed and final timetable that will have to be changed?

Incompetence really annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Anyone for a v-techer on the exams unit?

For a sec there I thought you were talking about those v-tech computer things for kids... I was seriously wondering how that would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Was at a staff student meeting today with med staff - lecturers are up in arms about it and supporting students 100%.

Can't believe the state of things even now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I hope this goes public, I bet they'd do a better job of the timetable if there was some bad press.

I wonder is it actually physically possible, given the shorter exam season, the increase in the number of exams with modular repeats, and the limited number of exams that can happen per day....is it actually possible to have a timetable that is clash free, given the situation? Why is it so much worse this year compared to previous years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 --Goldberry--

So does anyone know what you're meant to do if you still have exams clashing? I know they had a notice up saying not to do anything, that they'd contact you, but thats gone now and I really dont trust them anyway...
    Where exactly is the exams unit?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

Where exactly is the exams unit?? :confused:
    The door was open all semester. All you had to do was call around and make your complaint!

l_90895bd216f692e8bd3f33ed4e2a25bd.jpg
    Come on in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

the students are revolting!! and its about bloody time!!

Im serious, get on the Commerce student band wagon!! they were protesting today, and have a meeting at half 8 tomorrow to try sort out that Strategy mess.

There were people crying in my sociology lecture today because 2 soc exams are clashing. this is beyond ridiculous. Im lucky, my timetable couldnt be nicer but when your classmates are in tears around you...

goldberry you've got to go to the exam office and fill out a clash form. (yes they have clash forms:rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Someone i know is 'sitting' two exams at once.
    They'll do one with the class then have a supervised break and be taken to a room on their own to do it.
    Which is a bit mad.

Someone i know is 'sitting' two exams at once.
    They'll do one with the class then have a supervised break and be taken to a room on their own to do it.
    Which is a bit mad.

That should be taken up with the exams office.Just dont do it and lets start a protest.seriously thats taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

If anyone hears anything about how these meetings went etc, do let the rest of us know....

(starts frantically studying "Expectations and Purposes")

TheVan wrote:
    If anyone hears anything about how these meetings went etc, do let the rest of us know....

(starts frantically studying "Expectations and Purposes")

The strategy meeting.There is one now at 10.15 but i dont know where.Its a bloody diaster whats going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I'd say they're keeping it secret so there's not a riot outside the room!

Advertisement