Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science V Law Rugby Match

Options
  • 24-04-2007 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

There's an informal Science Faculty V Law Faculty rugby match on Sunday at 2 pm, pitch to be arranged. After the Cambridge V Lawsoc match last week we decided to do another one this week for the craic.

If you want to come down and support, do! I'll post up the location once its sorted, I'd imagine it's going to be the Thornfield Pitch between Richview and the Sports Center.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LAW!

sorry colm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I gotta warn you, our back row is averaging 6' 3"...

Ah no, but seriously... it'll be great craic and should break the pre-exam tension. There might even be a token perpetual trophy eh... "commisioned".

And now I'm wondering who you are, Font22...

really? i thought u knew! here's a hint...........the palace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

My neck still hurts from the cambridge match. Some maori prop sat on my neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

mloc, I gotta warn you, Law put out a fairly beefy and dynamic pack themselves on Sunday.

• Advertisement

I was there on Sunday, sure half the team wasn't law...

...oh and we've agreed that its strict Law so no B+L players :D
    I'm told that means you, besty!

@font22... had to think for a while there... the palace was a bit of a blur, but yes I remember now! hadn't seen you in ages!

besty wrote:
    mloc, I gotta warn you, Law put out a fairly beefy and dynamic pack themselves on Sunday.
    Not the strongest scrummagers though.... :/

I think the match was summed up for me when I spent about 3 seconds trying to rip the ball off a guy on the deck shouting 'hands' until I realised the ref was about 40 yards away from us and about to collapse from exhaustion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Is easygainer playing for the law team?

I would not like to tackle him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Science vs Law.......If I was a betting women,which I am,Id have to put my money down on Law!Sorry Science!
    Though med would cream all of you. We have three leinster players in our ranks

Who won the cambridge vs lawsoc game?

tribulus wrote:
    Is easygainer playing for the law team?

I would not like to tackle him!
    No, I don't think he plays rugby (or not seriously).

• Advertisement

what if u are a B+Ler but are female? anyway i cud get on the law squad? i've been practising my scrums.

ah mloc! u were so happy that night it was hilarious!

Match may be postponed due to conflicting matches etc...

you interested in playing trib?

Font22 wrote:
    ah mloc! u were so happy that night it was hilarious!

it was a fantastic night, I don't think I've ever bumped into so many people unexpectedly!

Anyway, I'm always happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

If you give me the ball on the wing I'd be quick but I have no idea how to tackle, ruck, scrummage or any postional sense!

What's the science team like, I can see it being like the Ireland vs South Africa match in terms of physicality?

its not bad, we have a fair few J1 players, even a provincial player or two.

Quick on the wing you say, we're actually down a winger or two...

Advertisement