Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate Music (H)

Options
  • 24-04-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey ya everyone,, i seem to be learning more on here than I do at school these days :) but does anyone know where I could find resources to help writing essays in the written section of the Irish Music question?? Is there any online or books available that anyone knows of?? Any help would be appriciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Don't the notes from your teacher tell you all you need to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

Notes!! :( I wish!! Hes off doing practicals this week ,,, and told us to have five prepared for when he comes back unfortuntly without giving us anything to work from or at least get an idea of what were saposd to b writing about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Look it up on the internet, there is one on riverdance so i'm sure you could get a load of information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

I feel your pain, went through the same thing before the mocks. Wikipedia.org had enough to get me through (barely).

Prepare fusion and traditional (not that it'll come up but it was on my mock paper but for your assignment) because it's by far the easiest to waffle in. I got away with mentioning Mael Morda as a contemporary example of fusion. Ka CHING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Cousin it wrote:
    I feel your pain, went through the same thing before the mocks. Wikipedia.org had enough to get me through (barely).

Prepare fusion and traditional (not that it'll come up but it was on my mock paper but for your assignment) because it's by far the easiest to waffle in. I got away with mentioning Mael Morda as a contemporary example of fusion. Ka CHING

I equally feel this... theres so not enough resources out there for hons music students. Theres like one revision book that gives the basics... the produce about 100 exam papers for the entire country so still haven't got them, and teachers don't give fantastic essays. If I find one or two of the essays I've got I'll post em up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Had my practical earlier today. Pretty happy, did 50% music technology and it wasnt much bother. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

Thanks for your input guys :) I got the less stress revision book today ,,, the notes are alright nothing major in it tho dont think the essays in it wld cover ya for the leavin cert,, im going to search the internet like mad now for sumthing,, if i get anything i'll post it up!

Just out of interest how many essays is everyone preparing??

Advertisement