Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

It's hard to know what you want to do after school, nice one for writing to people this early! The earlier the better I reckon.

Just stick with something you've an interest in I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 somewhatxdazed

have had mine sorted since mid-july. :D. i really don't deal well with stress so i figured that was best.

erm it really depends on what your interested in really, but id get in quick before your left with something your gonna HATE. i know someone who did 2 of his three weeeks w.e. in a supermarket. =|.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 maciris

When I grow up.....
    anyways I wont to be a programmer so I am going to our Local IT college and im going to a 5 day lecture to give me a taste of what its going to be like being a programmer.... should be fun 1st work Exp is 1st week of Dec as far as I was told in my school

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

Has anyone any suggestions for somwhere i could do
    some

I.T or engineering?
    ive tried microsoft in sandyford several times but wont reply to me!
    Cheers

Does any one know anywhere you could do some I.T experience or engineering/mechanic work?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 paul8f

Make sure there's a chance you'll get the sniff of a few quid...

I bust my balls in a high street electronics store for two weeks, and I wasn't even given a blank tape as I was leaving.. :o:mad::( :mad::mad::mad:

Could anyone recommend an I.T Company or software or engineering place to get some work experience,?

I cant find any who will take me!

thanks

Hey,

I really want to get into microsoft but they never reply to my emails,
    you wouldnt have the gaming studios guys address would you, i really want to get some experience there
    cheers

i really want to get into microsoft in sandyford aswell
    i've sent them emails but they wont reply!

anyone know anyone or any good place for I.T?

anyone know anywhere for I.T or engineering?

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    By any chance, while you where doing the Age Of Empires stuff, meet a guy working there called Julian? a french/irish guy?

i also worked in the microsoft game studios and thought it was really interesting, everyone was really sound:D

back to MS for the last week i think, i think it was the Office/Windows Live teams i was told..cant remember..must email them again=/

I really really want to get into microsoft in Sandyford,
    anyone know anyone or have any ideas for it,
    ive sent emails but got nothing back!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

sternn wrote: »
    Worked in microsoft in sandyford for a week, and also in pricewaterhousecoopers in town (accountancy firm).

Microsoft was amazing, got to play Age of empires 3 months before it was released (this was 2 years ago). Also other games, and got a cuple of xbox games as a going away pressie. Also, the hot chocolate in star bucks (yes, they have thier own one in the building) was amazing!!

I really want to work in the video games industry and I've already tried Activision but they're not accepting anyone right now. I've no contacts at MS either, anyway you could help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

Mr.S wrote: »
    emails email emails!

im on some technet microsoft newsletter email thing, so i emailed the editor asking for w.e in microsoft, he told me to contact so and so, that person forwarded my email to this women, who forwarded it to a guy in Microsoft Game studios ^^

and so i was in =) they where all amazed that i got in, cus apparently they rarley give work experience, one guy thought i was here for the year as an intern <.<

and then for the 2nd week i got another week in MS with the windows live crowd (i just emailed the gaming studios guy, and he gave me the address to this women there) :)

and thennnn for google, a past pupil from my school now works there, so my school rang him up and asked if i could come:D

the gaming studios was great craic, PES tourneys with the whole place every few hours, working on new games, free stuff etc etc.

Google was a bit meh, wasnt that interesting, though their offices kick ass!

Any chance you could share the contact details with me? I'm desperately looking for a way to get some work experience at Microsoft Game Studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Right folks, due to waaaaaay too many work-exp threads lately, I've gone and merged them all, and I've stickied it, please try to avoid creating any more as it will be treated as spam.

Rozabeez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

Doing my work experience in November and Im thinking of looking into accounting or commerce.
    Theres a few accounting places in Mallow so I should be sorted but Ill phone them soon to confirm =]
    Looks like theres alot of people into Microsoft and the likes, proberly more for the benifits in kind more so that anything else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Hi! So I've already got one week with the Evening Echo, and I'm thinking of going into a vets for the second. Has anybody ever done that, or know anyone who did? If so,can you tell me what it's like?

jb91 wrote: »
    :eek: Maybe yyou should change that :rolleyes:
    Hopefully unintentional but it did slip together oh so well :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hopefully unintentional but it did slip together oh so well :P

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Piggy One

Does anyone know of anywhere you can get fashion work expierence (with designer, buyer etc.) or with an event management company?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

I did mine in http://deycom.com

It sucked ass.

• Advertisement

Tried everywhere in Mallow.
    Got a few maybes but I really didnt expect it to be this hard!!
    Actually the most hopeful place is a computer shop.
    So it should be alright, if I do get it. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

Tried everywhere in Mallow.
    Got a few maybes but I really didnt expect it to be this hard!!

Same happened to me 2 years ago. So I did mine in Tung Sing restaurant, the staff were very friendly and you were never overworked, but you were kept occupied at the same time:D Plus, free dinner each day:cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Andrew210

Anybody no a place i can do works experience which is computer based and is near town or a luas stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fruglo

Does anyone know anywhere in the medical field where I could get work experience over easter?

I didn't do TY but need the experience, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I'm doing work experience in the mater this week...

Think it'd be too late to reserve now,sorry!

Anyone else going/done it before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Microsoft in Sandyford! Such a legendary week...plus free lunch! As much as you wanted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shortsighted

I'm in 5th year now, looking for LCVP work experience for the work days after the May bank holiday, I'm kicking myself in the head for not trying to organise something sooner, especially since I'm interested in the notoriously-hard-to-get-anything scientific/medical field...:(
    Last year I went to a primary school (my mother is a teacher, so it was more out of convenience than actual desire to go), an Alzheimer's Home, a vet's and an outdoor pursuits centre (my 'doss' work experience, I'm about as sporty as a pillow, but it was still very enjoyable).
    Seeing as I have less than 2 months to organise something, it looks like I'm going back to the Alzheimer's Home, any other ideas? :confused:

Oh, and for all those concerned about my personal safety, I'm not actually kicking myself in the head, with my extreme lack of flexibility, it'd be physically impossible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kb123

I went to HMV for one of my two lots of work experience. Was poor enough tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Ive been to LMFM radio and net1 ltd both were pretty good.

For my last one im hoping to get one where they will ask me to work into the summer.

Ive got to admit that microsoft one sounds class. Would love to do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

I'm trying to find something to do with programming or Computer games , but im really struggling does anyone have any contacts or suggestions :confused:

Advertisement