Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Grrrr, rang RSVP magazine last week and got told to send them an application via email, which I did that day. Still nothing back and I need it sorted by next Monday. If it's a no that's grand but a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss. Got my first week in Boots and going to ask around in solicitors offices and radio stations this week.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

For the love of god dont go to an architectural/engineering firm.... so boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭elaine93

So on second work experience..beaumont was fantastic.

SO i'm going to work in the body shop, they're not going to pay me..but do you think they'll give me free stuff? Because one of the girls in my class went to make up forever and she got like a foundation,3 eyeshadows,3 lipglosses,a blush and a concealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

do not work in any kind of shop, pure slave labour and most of them will not pay you!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

wooo! Got a week in the UCD engineering department off my own back! I AM LETHAL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

do not work in any kind of shop, pure slave labour and most of them will not pay you!!!!
    No wonder you're mad if you went into it thinking you'd get paid.

Second week sorted btw, going to a solicitor's. Nice wan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Last Summer(2008) Done two weeks as a carpenter apparently (with my Dad ;), stayed at home) and the second 2 weeks I worked in Ford, Cookstown. Got €150 for the two weeks, and then €3500 after gettin a job for the Summer there, took the initiative on the last day and asked could I stay for the Summer =D

Loads of experience, and learned how to drive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdamTheDub

Im currently on W.E. at an ad agency called Bonfire. Its great fun and a really enjoyable experience, but after 2 o clock, it gets boring xD

Did the Xmas shoebox appeal last week, really enjoyed that one too. There were loads of other TYs working there so thats probably one to go for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Hi,

im doint ty and i have to do work experience from the 14th to the 17th of december,

ive left it a bit late and i asked in a few places and they said no, so now i would do anything,
    anyone know where i could go?

what about working in a library or post office or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭elaine93

Does anyone know where you could go for pharmaceutical work experience in Dublin? Preferably R&D, not a community chemist?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

Try emailing the appropriate schools in universities for pharmaceutical R&D.

Dere always looking for pansies like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 roxykid07

Im looking for work experience for the first week in feb, want to do something like media,
    tried emailin places and ive already been to one radio station which i really enjoyed so want to stay in that area..any suggestions?

Also i see that people were looking for RTE..not a hope. Apparently they select like 5 schools in the whole of dublin(and unfair to the culcies too,lol) and take students from them only, probs fee-paying ones too, but i could be wrong.
    Really unfair, as I have heard of people goin there that have no interest in working in the media, and just go cas they have nowhere else and its good on the cv.

so unfair :(

so i badly neeed somewhere to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

I'm really interested in politics. Just wondering if anybody knows where I could do work experience that would give me experience in politics or journalism! Thanks
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Email your local TD. I got experience in Joan Burton's office when I emailed her.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Email your local TD. I got experience in Joan Burton's office when I emailed her.

Was that in her office in Leinster house??

What did you do for the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

roxykid07 wrote: »
    Was that in her office in Leinster house??

What did you do for the week?

Yeah, that was her office in Leinster House. I did a lot of different stuff, met some politicians, did paperwork. It was really varied, each day was different.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

Yeah, that was her office in Leinster House. I did a lot of different stuff, met some politicians, did paperwork. It was really varied, each day was different.

Thanks! Am going to try that!

i think i will too :)

incase i dont get that any suggestions for the media side of things??
    In dire need of help :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Have two weeks to fill at the start of February. I am really intereted in History adn Sport(mainly soccer) but can't think of much to do with either were I could get work experience . Any help?

peabutler wrote: »
    Have two weeks to fill at the start of February. I am really intereted in History adn Sport(mainly soccer) but can't think of much to do with either were I could get work experience . Any help?

Try the book centre in kilkenny!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

That or Supermacs :D

If your in dublin try the department of art sport and tourism.. I emailed but phonecalls more effective as I have now realised...
    Or maybe the CSO but that's more stats.
    Museums maybe? I dunno

Thanks, I'm not in Dublin but if I needed to I could stay up there for a week or so, any idea what you do in the Department ?

Thanks, I'm not in Dublin but if I needed to I could stay up there for a week or so, any idea what you do in the Department ?

Where bouts are you though cas they mite have a regional office... I've no clue but If you wana contact them ring them cas there not guna reply to emails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

Work expierence is good. I think they should do it in all schools, and not just with TY's and LCA. It shows you what the outside world is like. workwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PinkBubble

has anyone ever gotten work exp in Ardmore Studios?? Is it worth goin there???

Just got confirmation from td phil hogan, i've got work experience with him in february . . .:)

Just got confirmation from td phil hogan, i've got work experience with him in february . . .:)

Awh that's good :) I got w/e too with record label but I had to push for it!
    Also any girls interested in kiss magazine in Dublin there takin people on in the summer for work exp!! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 23 D0nal

Anyone know of a work experience that it would be possible to get for the last week of February which would give me the insight into the job of a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 fergalmejergal

Yeah you might wanna try a doctor's surgery

Advertisement