Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded

Options
  • 24-04-2007 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I was just forced to upgrade my computer! I ended up Having to replace the power supply, Motherboard, Heatsink and to top it all off I had to replace my hard drive!!! It decided at the very last minute to start clicking....

Now there seems to be something wrong with my screen or video card. After installing Win XP (again) the windows window is shaking. If anyone out there has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!

Motherboard - MSI PM8M-V for a p4 478pin
    Heatsink - Intel
    Drive - not branded

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you tried re-seting the graphics card. Making sure the slot is empty of dust. Also is the vga cable okay? nothing loose?

Try the card in another machine ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭calliopeia

Havent tried re-seting the graphic's card, But i will try that tonight and post after. Nothing is loose, Its the same graphic's card that was in my last motherboard, worked fine in that. But I'm still not sure why that died, could have been a surge, but that would have blown everthing(I think) will check tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

That's some run of bad luck have you check the RAM as well with a program like Memtest+ just in case its the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭calliopeia

I have just reinserted the graphics card!!! Screen is still shaking, Whats the bet that with all the problems I've had my computer it now needs a new graphics card!!!! :(

Advertisement