Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a pc and was wondering

Options
  • 24-04-2007 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

No sure if this is the right forum, but i'm buying a dell comp, so i ain't building it, but i've come down to a choice between two options on the processor.

Which one is better?

The Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4300
    or the
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 5000+

I saw a chart on another forum for the fps on a game, but the intel isn't on this chart and was wondering where it would rank on it? or if it would rank at all.
    Since the amd is on the list, i might just work off of that, and it seems fairly high up.
    here's the chart
    cpuah9.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Whichever is cheaper. They perform practically identical in games, with the 5000+ maybe squeezing a frame or two more, but the Intel will be better for encoding and similar things. So, whatever you need it for really....both are decent processors. It's the same clockspeed as the E6300

Advertisement